Netgear PCI card and Windows XP - Wireless

This is a discussion on Netgear PCI card and Windows XP - Wireless ; My laptop has been working fine with my wireless router until recently. It will not now connect although it connects to other wireless routers without problem. I suspect it is a registry problem and Netgear have confirmed. Running registry cleaning ...

  1. Netgear PCI card and Windows XP

    My laptop has been working fine with my wireless router until recently. It
    will not now connect although it connects to other wireless routers without
    problem. I suspect it is a registry problem and Netgear have confirmed.
    Running registry cleaning programmes has not effect.

    I feel there is an entry in the register that is preventing access but I
    cant seem to locate it.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Ken

  2. Re: Netgear PCI card and Windows XP

    Hi
    As a first step, when it is Not working, find what part of the system is
    responsible to the phenomenon, then it would easier to find remedy.
    Follow this process, http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "kenphotographer" wrote in
    message news:58DD3CDB-7FE8-40C7-8509-A44D9AC752C0@microsoft.com...
    > My laptop has been working fine with my wireless router until recently. It
    > will not now connect although it connects to other wireless routers
    > without
    > problem. I suspect it is a registry problem and Netgear have confirmed.
    > Running registry cleaning programmes has not effect.
    >
    > I feel there is an entry in the register that is preventing access but I
    > cant seem to locate it.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    > Ken

+ Reply to Thread