ip address not being found upon boot up - Wireless

This is a discussion on ip address not being found upon boot up - Wireless ; Hi, When my laptop goes into stand by mode it does not pick up an IP address. I have to reboot. I think there is a conflict between windows amanging my wireless connections and Intel proset. I have tried going ...

  1. ip address not being found upon boot up

    Hi,

    When my laptop goes into stand by mode it does not pick up an IP address. I
    have to reboot. I think there is a conflict between windows amanging my
    wireless connections and Intel proset. I have tried going into dos and typed
    ipconfig/renew and it an error appears saying it can't renew it. If I try
    release it says it has already een released.

    How can I ensure the IP address is always picked up? Interestingly, keep a
    physical address not IP is just zeros. I am very close to my wireless router.

    Thanks

    Nathan

  2. Re: ip address not being found upon boot up

    On 19-Mar-2007, =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFuRw==?= wrote:

    > How can I ensure the IP address is always picked up?

    Have you tried static addresses for Gateway (route to
    outside world) and DNS server, which translates name
    to IP addresses?
    For XP Start -> Connect To, select wireless connection
    righr click and select Properties
    Find TCP/IP configuration and select use the following,
    then put in the appropriate dotted quads.
    Often the address of your router for both
    eg 10.0.0.138 and Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

+ Reply to Thread