Service name WSCSVC failes to start part 2 - Wireless

This is a discussion on Service name WSCSVC failes to start part 2 - Wireless ; Hi. I have narrow down the problem to be wzcsvc.dll file with Ver. 5.1.2600.2658 that is causing my problems problems. How can I change the file with wzcsvc.dll file is 5.1.2600.2180 Is there other files that also needs to be ...

  1. Service name WSCSVC failes to start part 2

    Hi.
    I have narrow down the problem to be wzcsvc.dll file with Ver.
    5.1.2600.2658 that is causing my problems problems.
    How can I change the file with wzcsvc.dll file is 5.1.2600.2180
    Is there other files that also needs to be changed?

    Dag N

  2. RE: Service name WSCSVC failes to start part 2

    "Dag N" wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I have narrow down the problem to be wzcsvc.dll file with Ver.
    > 5.1.2600.2658 that is causing my problems problems.
    > How can I change the file with wzcsvc.dll file is 5.1.2600.2180
    > Is there other files that also needs to be changed?
    >
    > Dag N

    Sorry I couldn't find your part 1... anyway, the WZC consists of several files
    and you install all of them together as one of recent MS updates:
    kb 893357
    kb 918997

    These patches may also repair the WZC service startup and registry settings,
    however I haven't tested this. Of course, if some 3rd party app keeps
    fighting with WZC over your wireless card, it is a different issue.

    Regards,
    --PA

+ Reply to Thread