No wireless icon... can I connect? - Wireless

This is a discussion on No wireless icon... can I connect? - Wireless ; I am working on a Dell puter, 2 years old, Windows XP. I have just got a wireless modem and figured I could just click on the wireless icon and connect to it, that has worked on the other computers ...

  1. No wireless icon... can I connect?

    I am working on a Dell puter, 2 years old, Windows XP. I have just got a
    wireless modem and figured I could just click on the wireless icon and
    connect to it, that has worked on the other computers in the house. This
    puter has no wireless icon... do I need to instal hardware or software to
    make it work?
    Thanks

  2. Re: No wireless icon... can I connect?

    "Robonham" wrote in message news:AE1C0266-02AB-41EB-9A30-9F053ED5384B@microsoft.com...
    >I am working on a Dell puter, 2 years old, Windows XP. I have just got a
    > wireless modem and figured I could just click on the wireless icon and
    > connect to it, that has worked on the other computers in the house. This
    > puter has no wireless icon... do I need to instal hardware or software to
    > make it work?
    > Thanks

    If nothing else helps - read the documentation.....

    --PA

  3. Re: No wireless icon... can I connect?

    Thanks. Already checked that...nothing there.

    "Pavel A." wrote:

    > "Robonham" wrote in message news:AE1C0266-02AB-41EB-9A30-9F053ED5384B@microsoft.com...
    > >I am working on a Dell puter, 2 years old, Windows XP. I have just got a
    > > wireless modem and figured I could just click on the wireless icon and
    > > connect to it, that has worked on the other computers in the house. This
    > > puter has no wireless icon... do I need to instal hardware or software to
    > > make it work?
    > > Thanks

    > If nothing else helps - read the documentation.....
    >
    > --PA

  4. Re: No wireless icon... can I connect?

    Hi
    If the computer has Wireless card this might help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Otherwise, buy a Wireless card.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Robonham" wrote in message
    > I am working on a Dell puter, 2 years old, Windows XP. I have just got a
    > wireless modem and figured I could just click on the wireless icon and
    > connect to it, that has worked on the other computers in the house. This
    > puter has no wireless icon... do I need to instal hardware or software to
    > make it work?
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread