Backing up a Network Drive. - Wireless

This is a discussion on Backing up a Network Drive. - Wireless ; I have two pcs that are connected over a wireless Network. One of my pcs has a CD-R/RW drive while the other one only has a CD-ROM drive. Can I use my wireless network to backup the pc that doesn't ...

  1. Backing up a Network Drive.

    I have two pcs that are connected over a wireless Network. One of my pcs has
    a CD-R/RW drive while the other one only has a CD-ROM drive. Can I use my
    wireless network to backup the pc that doesn't have the rewritable drive, and
    if I can where can I get some info on how to do it?

  2. Re: Backing up a Network Drive.

    Hi
    Yeah it can be done like any other backup through the Network. It would take
    extra time because of the Wireless relative slow "Speed".
    I do not know how you use the CD-R/RW for back up, but in principle you can
    map the computer that needs to be backed up to the computer with the CD-R/RW
    and back it up. I.e instead of backing up C:\ or a folder/files of C:\, you
    do the same with X:\ (X being the drive's letter of the mapped drive).
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing#map
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Maximilian Schnause" wrote
    in message news:B3F6D543-4249-4CE7-B9A2-12AC6BC4B713@microsoft.com...
    >I have two pcs that are connected over a wireless Network. One of my pcs
    >has
    > a CD-R/RW drive while the other one only has a CD-ROM drive. Can I use my
    > wireless network to backup the pc that doesn't have the rewritable drive,
    > and
    > if I can where can I get some info on how to do it?

  3. Re: Backing up a Network Drive.

    Hi
    Sorry there is a typo in the link that is in my previous post.
    Should be http://www.ezlan.net.sharing#map
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Yeah it can be done like any other backup through the Network. It would
    > take extra time because of the Wireless relative slow "Speed".
    > I do not know how you use the CD-R/RW for back up, but in principle you
    > can map the computer that needs to be backed up to the computer with the
    > CD-R/RW and back it up. I.e instead of backing up C:\ or a folder/files of
    > C:\, you do the same with X:\ (X being the drive's letter of the mapped
    > drive). http://www.ezlan.net/sharing#map
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Maximilian Schnause" wrote
    > in message news:B3F6D543-4249-4CE7-B9A2-12AC6BC4B713@microsoft.com...
    >>I have two pcs that are connected over a wireless Network. One of my pcs
    >>has
    >> a CD-R/RW drive while the other one only has a CD-ROM drive. Can I use
    >> my
    >> wireless network to backup the pc that doesn't have the rewritable drive,
    >> and
    >> if I can where can I get some info on how to do it?

  4. Re: Backing up a Network Drive.

    Hi Jack,

    I'll try that. Thanks for replying to my post.

    Max

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Sorry there is a typo in the link that is in my previous post.
    > Should be http://www.ezlan.net.sharing#map
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > Yeah it can be done like any other backup through the Network. It would
    > > take extra time because of the Wireless relative slow "Speed".
    > > I do not know how you use the CD-R/RW for back up, but in principle you
    > > can map the computer that needs to be backed up to the computer with the
    > > CD-R/RW and back it up. I.e instead of backing up C:\ or a folder/files of
    > > C:\, you do the same with X:\ (X being the drive's letter of the mapped
    > > drive). http://www.ezlan.net/sharing#map
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >
    > > "Maximilian Schnause" wrote
    > > in message news:B3F6D543-4249-4CE7-B9A2-12AC6BC4B713@microsoft.com...
    > >>I have two pcs that are connected over a wireless Network. One of my pcs
    > >>has
    > >> a CD-R/RW drive while the other one only has a CD-ROM drive. Can I use
    > >> my
    > >> wireless network to backup the pc that doesn't have the rewritable drive,
    > >> and
    > >> if I can where can I get some info on how to do it?

+ Reply to Thread