OE server error for pop3 wireless connection?? - Wireless

This is a discussion on OE server error for pop3 wireless connection?? - Wireless ; My question is when I go into the server settings, do I use our main Acct. Name and Password to set up my e-mail through OE. I have an additional mail acct. through Xplornet.com via a D-Link Range Booster. I ...

  1. OE server error for pop3 wireless connection??

    My question is when I go into the server settings, do I use our main Acct.
    Name and Password to set up my e-mail through OE. I have an additional mail
    acct. through Xplornet.com via a D-Link Range Booster. I am able to access
    my e-mail through Xplornets website but it would be easier and faster to go
    through Outlook Express. It does not recognize my server POP3 acct.
    --
    faith

  2. Re: OE server error for pop3 wireless connection??

    "faith" wrote in message
    > My question is when I go into the server settings, do I use our main Acct.
    > Name and Password to set up my e-mail through OE. I have an additional
    > mail
    > acct. through Xplornet.com via a D-Link Range Booster. I am able to
    > access
    > my e-mail through Xplornets website but it would be easier and faster to
    > go
    > through Outlook Express. It does not recognize my server POP3 acct.
    > --
    > faith

    In OE, Tools>Accounts>Mail>Add>Mail
    This will start the wizard.
    You will need your Xplornets email address and password and also the name of
    the Pop3 and SMTP servers.

    TWK

  3. RE: OE server error for pop3 wireless connection??

    hey faith,

    if you can get online with this setup accessing email would not be an issue
    for the wireless devices unless they have firewalls in them and block email
    ports, so not to be rude but i would ask my isp what the pop info is for the
    email they provide, and since you use xplornet.com you may want to look
    in the support link on there page , anyways i found some helpful info for
    you there.
    and here is that link:

    http://www.xplornet.com/support/QRgu...il.asp?lang=EN

    Outlook Express
    1) On the Tools menu, click Accounts
    2) Click Add, then click Mail
    3) In the Display Name box, type the name that you would like others to see
    when they receive messages from you. Click Next.
    4) In the Email Address box, type your complete email address. Click Next.
    5) In the Incoming mail field type incoming.xplornet.com and in the Outgoing
    mail field type smtp.xplornet.com Click Next.
    6) In the Account Name box, type your xplornet.com username. This is the
    part of your email address that comes before the at sign (@). In the Password
    box, type your email address password. Click Next.
    7) Click Next. Click Finish.

    Now you are ready to send and receive email from your Xplornet email account!

    Important E-mail Information
    Regardless of the e-mail program you use you’ll need to know the following
    information:
    Incoming Mail (POP3) - incoming.xplornet.com
    Outgoing Mail (smtp) - smtp.xplornet.com
    Username - as assigned by Xplornet
    Password - as assigned by Xplornet
    Authentication - Check box for "My outgoing server (smtp) requires
    authentication"

    How to add additional e-mail accounts
    If you’d like to add additional e-mail accounts, please contact our customer
    care centre at support@xplornet.com or 1-866-841-6001.
    Webmail
    Xplornet allows you to connect to your e-mail from any Internet connection,
    anywhere in the world using our Webmail service. And best of all, the Webmail
    service is included in your monthly service fee – so there’s no added cost to
    you.
    With Webmail you can send and receive e-mail, update your address book add /
    delete appointments from your calendar and organize your e-mail messages.
    Plus, Xplornet gives you the freedom to manage your own e-mail account. You
    can change your password, create an extended absence greeting or check your
    account usage.

    How to access your Webmail account
    To access your Xplornet Webmail account, simply visit
    http://webmail.xplornet.com. At the sign-in screen you’ll be prompted to
    provide your Webmail username and password.

    Your username should be the first part of your e-mail address. (i.e.
    johndoe@xplornet.com; username would be johndoe)

    Your password should have been provided to you at the time of installation.
    If you lose or have forgotten your password please contact Xplornet’s
    Customer Care Centre at support@xplornet.com or 1-866-841-6001.

    I hope this answers you question and gets your email working in OE again.

    jerry

    "faith" wrote:

    > My question is when I go into the server settings, do I use our main Acct.
    > Name and Password to set up my e-mail through OE. I have an additional mail
    > acct. through Xplornet.com via a D-Link Range Booster. I am able to access
    > my e-mail through Xplornets website but it would be easier and faster to go
    > through Outlook Express. It does not recognize my server POP3 acct.
    > --
    > faith

+ Reply to Thread