Wireless Configuration - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Configuration - Wireless ; My mom's computer used to have no problems connecting to the internet wirelessly, but about a month or so ago I updated her computer with the updates it said it needed. Since then network connections says windows cannot configure wireless ...

  1. Wireless Configuration

    My mom's computer used to have no problems connecting to the internet
    wirelessly, but about a month or so ago I updated her computer with the
    updates it said it needed. Since then network connections says windows
    cannot configure wireless connection. I disable WZC and still it cannot
    connect to the internet.

    Any help on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated. She is running
    Windows xp sp2

  2. Re: Wireless Configuration

    Hi
    Disabling WZC is an option only if there is another utility managing the
    Wireless, other wise it is needed.
    Check the Network configuration to make sure that the Card and Windows
    Networking is configured correctly.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "rangerboy1999" wrote in message
    > My mom's computer used to have no problems connecting to the internet
    > wirelessly, but about a month or so ago I updated her computer with the
    > updates it said it needed. Since then network connections says windows
    > cannot configure wireless connection. I disable WZC and still it cannot
    > connect to the internet.
    >
    > Any help on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated. She is running
    > Windows xp sp2

  3. Re: Wireless Configuration

    How do I know if everything is configured properly? And the wireless network
    connection says that if another program is controlling the wireless
    connection to disasble it but no other program is set to control wireless
    networking. i have gone through a few troubleshooting things but they have
    not helped.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Disabling WZC is an option only if there is another utility managing the
    > Wireless, other wise it is needed.
    > Check the Network configuration to make sure that the Card and Windows
    > Networking is configured correctly.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "rangerboy1999" wrote in message
    > > My mom's computer used to have no problems connecting to the internet
    > > wirelessly, but about a month or so ago I updated her computer with the
    > > updates it said it needed. Since then network connections says windows
    > > cannot configure wireless connection. I disable WZC and still it cannot
    > > connect to the internet.
    > >
    > > Any help on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated. She is running
    > > Windows xp sp2

  4. Re: Wireless Configuration

    Hi
    Usually the manfefacturer Wireless manger is loaded at startup.
    Read the manual, may be there is an explanation of the process there.
    Otherwise, you can use this two utilities (Startup & Process Explorer to see
    what runs at Startup and keep running there after.
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#startup
    It can be tricky since some manufactures load the Utility with the Drivers
    and it is hard to separate the two, in such case it would be a good idea to
    call the Wireless Card's Tech Support.

    > How do I know if everything is configured properly? And the wireless
    > network
    > connection says that if another program is controlling the wireless
    > connection to disasble it but no other program is set to control wireless
    > networking. i have gone through a few troubleshooting things but they
    > have
    > not helped.
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Disabling WZC is an option only if there is another utility managing the
    >> Wireless, other wise it is needed.
    >> Check the Network configuration to make sure that the Card and Windows
    >> Networking is configured correctly.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "rangerboy1999" wrote in
    >> message
    >> > My mom's computer used to have no problems connecting to the internet
    >> > wirelessly, but about a month or so ago I updated her computer with the
    >> > updates it said it needed. Since then network connections says windows
    >> > cannot configure wireless connection. I disable WZC and still it cannot
    >> > connect to the internet.
    >> >
    >> > Any help on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated. She is
    >> > running
    >> > Windows xp sp2

  5. Re: Wireless Configuration

    For some reason I could not download those programs on the website and I have
    already run a selective startup, fixing one problem on her computer, but not
    the internet. All this mess started when I ran a windows update and it
    updated norton. The version she has is a bad one apparently and with the
    update, listed under symantec, things got worse. we have been trying
    different troublshooting for at least 2 months to fix it including system
    restore but nothing is working. any other advice for us to try?

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Usually the manfefacturer Wireless manger is loaded at startup.
    > Read the manual, may be there is an explanation of the process there.
    > Otherwise, you can use this two utilities (Startup & Process Explorer to see
    > what runs at Startup and keep running there after.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#startup
    > It can be tricky since some manufactures load the Utility with the Drivers
    > and it is hard to separate the two, in such case it would be a good idea to
    > call the Wireless Card's Tech Support.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "rangerboy1999" wrote in message
    > > How do I know if everything is configured properly? And the wireless
    > > network
    > > connection says that if another program is controlling the wireless
    > > connection to disasble it but no other program is set to control wireless
    > > networking. i have gone through a few troubleshooting things but they
    > > have
    > > not helped.
    > >
    > > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >> Disabling WZC is an option only if there is another utility managing the
    > >> Wireless, other wise it is needed.
    > >> Check the Network configuration to make sure that the Card and Windows
    > >> Networking is configured correctly.
    > >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >>
    > >> "rangerboy1999" wrote in
    > >> message

  6. Re: Wireless Configuration

    Hi rangerboy.
    I'm spanish guy and I've the same problem with xp servicepack2 and Norton. I
    don't know who is the bad Microsoft or Symantech, but I don't have WZC from a
    mounth abd nobody give me a answer to my question. HOW CAN I RETURN MY WZC IN
    MY PC?
    --
    dagape

    "rangerboy1999" wrote:

    > For some reason I could not download those programs on the website and I have
    > already run a selective startup, fixing one problem on her computer, but not
    > the internet. All this mess started when I ran a windows update and it
    > updated norton. The version she has is a bad one apparently and with the
    > update, listed under symantec, things got worse. we have been trying
    > different troublshooting for at least 2 months to fix it including system
    > restore but nothing is working. any other advice for us to try?
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > Usually the manfefacturer Wireless manger is loaded at startup.
    > > Read the manual, may be there is an explanation of the process there.
    > > Otherwise, you can use this two utilities (Startup & Process Explorer to see
    > > what runs at Startup and keep running there after.
    > > http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#startup
    > > It can be tricky since some manufactures load the Utility with the Drivers
    > > and it is hard to separate the two, in such case it would be a good idea to
    > > call the Wireless Card's Tech Support.
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >
    > > "rangerboy1999" wrote in message
    > > > How do I know if everything is configured properly? And the wireless
    > > > network
    > > > connection says that if another program is controlling the wireless
    > > > connection to disasble it but no other program is set to control wireless
    > > > networking. i have gone through a few troubleshooting things but they
    > > > have
    > > > not helped.

  7. Re: Wireless Configuration

    I ended up having to backup every file and setting and program and reset the
    computer to factory settings. I did end up getting the spyware and other
    programs downloaded and they seem to be helping-I know this is not what you
    want to do but it is what I had to do

    "dgarciape" wrote:

    > Hi rangerboy.
    > I'm spanish guy and I've the same problem with xp servicepack2 and Norton. I
    > don't know who is the bad Microsoft or Symantech, but I don't have WZC from a
    > mounth abd nobody give me a answer to my question. HOW CAN I RETURN MY WZC IN
    > MY PC?
    > --
    > dagape
    >

    > "rangerboy1999" wrote:
    >
    > > For some reason I could not download those programs on the website and I have
    > > already run a selective startup, fixing one problem on her computer, but not
    > > the internet. All this mess started when I ran a windows update and it
    > > updated norton. The version she has is a bad one apparently and with the
    > > update, listed under symantec, things got worse. we have been trying
    > > different troublshooting for at least 2 months to fix it including system
    > > restore but nothing is working. any other advice for us to try?
    > >
    > > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi
    > > > Usually the manfefacturer Wireless manger is loaded at startup.
    > > > Read the manual, may be there is an explanation of the process there.
    > > > Otherwise, you can use this two utilities (Startup & Process Explorer to see
    > > > what runs at Startup and keep running there after.
    > > > http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#startup
    > > > It can be tricky since some manufactures load the Utility with the Drivers
    > > > and it is hard to separate the two, in such case it would be a good idea to
    > > > call the Wireless Card's Tech Support.
    > > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > > >
    > > > "rangerboy1999" wrote in message

  8. Re: Wireless Configuration

    Thanks, I'm waiting a Symantec solution, because I think when I uuinstaled
    Norton It deleted some needed driver. But reinstal all original software is a
    sure solution. THANKS
    --
    dagape

+ Reply to Thread