Group policy with no group - Wireless

This is a discussion on Group policy with no group - Wireless ; On my home wireless network, I can't access one computer from other computers. I have all the permissions turned on andidentified the files I want shared.The MS firewall is on and I can't turn it off . Message says that ...

  1. Group policy with no group

    On my home wireless network, I can't access one computer from other
    computers. I have all the permissions turned on andidentified the files I
    want shared.The MS firewall is on and I can't turn it off . Message says that
    Group Policy controls it. I have no domain, group or Group Policy on the
    computer. How can I have a group policy with no Group and how do I regain
    control? This computer has no trouble networking with the other computers on
    the network they can't get into it.

  2. Re: Group policy with no group

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Phoenix Cyclist" Cyclist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:A6A4D5BB-3296-41D8-BA51-47A26534DDDD@microsoft.com...
    > On my home wireless network, I can't access one computer from other
    > computers. I have all the permissions turned on andidentified the files I
    > want shared.The MS firewall is on and I can't turn it off . Message says
    > that
    > Group Policy controls it. I have no domain, group or Group Policy on the
    > computer. How can I have a group policy with no Group and how do I regain
    > control? This computer has no trouble networking with the other computers
    > on
    > the network they can't get into it.

+ Reply to Thread