Default Gateway Went AWOL - Wireless

This is a discussion on Default Gateway Went AWOL - Wireless ; Hello all, I recently installed a beta version of a software program that inadvertently killed the IP address of my Default Gateway. Afterwards, I was unable to establish an internet connection whatsoever. I had to use a restore point to ...

  1. Default Gateway Went AWOL

    Hello all,

    I recently installed a beta version of a software program that inadvertently
    killed the IP address of my Default Gateway. Afterwards, I was unable to
    establish an internet connection whatsoever. I had to use a restore point to
    regain the Gateway, but things went south from that point and I ended up
    having to re-install Windows from scratch.

    Can someone explain how to regain the Default Gateway in cases where it gets
    wiped out or disappears. Will surely appreciate your expertise in this
    matter!

    -A

  2. Re: Default Gateway Went AWOL

    Hi

    What program, which computer, which OS?
    To what, and how are you connected?
    Default Gateway is Auto obtain.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net.debug.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Alias" wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I recently installed a beta version of a software program that
    > inadvertently
    > killed the IP address of my Default Gateway. Afterwards, I was unable to
    > establish an internet connection whatsoever. I had to use a restore point
    > regain the Gateway, but things went south from that point and I ended up
    > having to re-install Windows from scratch.
    >
    > Can someone explain how to regain the Default Gateway in cases where it
    > gets
    > wiped out or disappears. Will surely appreciate your expertise in this
    > matter!
    >
    > -A

+ Reply to Thread