Repairing Wireless Network Connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Repairing Wireless Network Connection - Wireless ; When I try to repair my wireless connection by right clicking my mouse and clicking on "Repair" Windows gives me the following message: "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless ...

  1. Repairing Wireless Network Connection

    When I try to repair my wireless connection by right clicking my mouse and
    clicking on "Repair" Windows gives me the following message:

    "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action
    cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure your
    network adapter is properly installed."

    To my knowledge my wireless network adapter is installed properly and
    working, I am just trying to get a stronger signal but it won't repair the
    wireless connection although it used to do that without any problems. This
    just seemed to start in the last couple of weeks. I have loaded updates to
    my network adapter, but nothing seems to alleviate this message. Thanks.

  2. Re: Repairing Wireless Network Connection

    Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "kr52" wrote in message
    > When I try to repair my wireless connection by right clicking my mouse and
    > clicking on "Repair" Windows gives me the following message:
    >
    > "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following
    > action
    > cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure
    > your
    > network adapter is properly installed."
    >
    > To my knowledge my wireless network adapter is installed properly and
    > working, I am just trying to get a stronger signal but it won't repair the
    > wireless connection although it used to do that without any problems.
    > This
    > just seemed to start in the last couple of weeks. I have loaded updates
    > my network adapter, but nothing seems to alleviate this message. Thanks.

  3. RE: Repairing Wireless Network Connection

    "kr52" wrote:
    > When I try to repair my wireless connection by right clicking my mouse and
    > clicking on "Repair" Windows gives me the following message:
    >
    > "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action
    > cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure your
    > network adapter is properly installed."
    >
    > To my knowledge my wireless network adapter is installed properly and
    > working, I am just trying to get a stronger signal but it won't repair the
    > wireless connection although it used to do that without any problems. This
    > just seemed to start in the last couple of weeks. I have loaded updates to
    > my network adapter, but nothing seems to alleviate this message. Thanks.

    Can you disable and enable again this adapter from DEVICE MANAGER
    ( not from Network connections) ?

    --PA

  4. RE: Repairing Wireless Network Connection

    Aha, I see my reply marked green - so you can
    disable the adapter in Device manager ?
    If it is not a secret, what is the model of your adapter and driver version?

    Thanks,
    --PA

    "Pavel A." wrote:
    > "kr52" wrote:
    > > When I try to repair my wireless connection by right clicking my mouse and
    > > clicking on "Repair" Windows gives me the following message:
    > >
    > > "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action
    > > cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure your
    > > network adapter is properly installed."
    > >
    > > To my knowledge my wireless network adapter is installed properly and
    > > working, I am just trying to get a stronger signal but it won't repair the
    > > wireless connection although it used to do that without any problems. This
    > > just seemed to start in the last couple of weeks. I have loaded updates to
    > > my network adapter, but nothing seems to alleviate this message. Thanks.

    > Can you disable and enable again this adapter from DEVICE MANAGER
    > ( not from Network connections) ?
    >
    > --PA

  5. RE: Repairing Wireless Network Connection

    I am not sure. I have a HP zd8220us laptop and it seems to be all screwed up.

    "Pavel A." wrote:

    > Aha, I see my reply marked green - so you can
    > disable the adapter in Device manager ?
    > If it is not a secret, what is the model of your adapter and driver version?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --PA
    >

    > "Pavel A." wrote:
    > > "kr52" wrote:
    > > > When I try to repair my wireless connection by right clicking my mouse and
    > > > clicking on "Repair" Windows gives me the following message:
    > > >
    > > > "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action
    > > > cannot be completed: Disabling the wireless network adapter. Make sure your
    > > > network adapter is properly installed."
    > > >
    > > > To my knowledge my wireless network adapter is installed properly and
    > > > working, I am just trying to get a stronger signal but it won't repair the
    > > > wireless connection although it used to do that without any problems. This
    > > > just seemed to start in the last couple of weeks. I have loaded updates to
    > > > my network adapter, but nothing seems to alleviate this message. Thanks.

    > > Can you disable and enable again this adapter from DEVICE MANAGER
    > > ( not from Network connections) ?
    > >
    > > --PA

+ Reply to Thread