xp pro sp2 passphrase wep - Wireless

This is a discussion on xp pro sp2 passphrase wep - Wireless ; Hello, I have tried to find a solution but have come up empty handed. I am running xp pro sp2 and from what I can tell is that you need to know the hex key 1 in order to access ...

  1. xp pro sp2 passphrase wep

    Hello, I have tried to find a solution but have come up empty handed. I am
    running xp pro sp2 and from what I can tell is that you need to know the hex
    key 1 in order to access any WEP security wireless network.

    My problem is that many coffee shops I go to, only hand out the passphrase
    rather than the key. How can I get around this problem?

  2. Re: xp pro sp2 passphrase wep

    Hi
    It seems that your card drivers are Not allowing passphrase.
    Try to log to the Card's manufacturer support site and see if there is
    updated Drivers.
    Otherwise, consider buying a new Card.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "pablowerk" wrote in message
    > Hello, I have tried to find a solution but have come up empty handed. I am
    > running xp pro sp2 and from what I can tell is that you need to know the
    > hex
    > key 1 in order to access any WEP security wireless network.
    >
    > My problem is that many coffee shops I go to, only hand out the passphrase
    > rather than the key. How can I get around this problem?

  3. RE: xp pro sp2 passphrase wep

    "pablowerk" wrote:
    > Hello, I have tried to find a solution but have come up empty handed. I am
    > running xp pro sp2 and from what I can tell is that you need to know the hex
    > key 1 in order to access any WEP security wireless network.
    >
    > My problem is that many coffee shops I go to, only hand out the passphrase
    > rather than the key. How can I get around this problem?

    This depends also on your wireless utility.
    The built-in Windows one (WZC) lets you to enter the key in two
    formats: as hex or text. In latter case, length of the text string must be
    either 5 or 13 characters.

    --PA

+ Reply to Thread