New Wireless Network - Cannot share folders or printer - why? - Wireless

This is a discussion on New Wireless Network - Cannot share folders or printer - why? - Wireless ; 1st PC - Windows Vista 2nd PC - Windows XP Network stuff - Belkin wireless-g router connected to the XP PC, Belkin network card in Vista PC Issue: Just installed everything I thought I needed for a wireless home network ...

  1. New Wireless Network - Cannot share folders or printer - why?

    1st PC - Windows Vista
    2nd PC - Windows XP
    Network stuff - Belkin wireless-g router connected to the XP PC,
    Belkin network card in Vista PC

    Issue:

    Just installed everything I thought I needed for a wireless home
    network and it connected to the internet fine (I can surf on both
    computers).

    However, what I really wanted t do was to:

    1) Share files/folders etc
    2) Share a printer (currently got a Canon Multi-function laser
    printer
    connected to the XP PC as a normal non-network printer)

    I cannot for the life of me get these two items above to happen. Any
    ideas greatly appreciated.

    Glenn

  2. Re: New Wireless Network - Cannot share folders or printer - why?

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    news:1173740992.675941.165980@q40g2000cwq.googlegr oups.com...
    > 1st PC - Windows Vista
    > 2nd PC - Windows XP
    > Network stuff - Belkin wireless-g router connected to the XP PC,
    > Belkin network card in Vista PC
    >
    > Issue:
    >

    > Just installed everything I thought I needed for a wireless home
    > network and it connected to the internet fine (I can surf on both
    > computers).
    >

    > However, what I really wanted t do was to:
    >

    > 1) Share files/folders etc
    > 2) Share a printer (currently got a Canon Multi-function laser
    > printer
    > connected to the XP PC as a normal non-network printer)
    >

    > I cannot for the life of me get these two items above to happen. Any
    > ideas greatly appreciated.
    >

    > Glenn

  3. Re: New Wireless Network - Cannot share folders or printer - why?

    Hi Jack,

    Just to let you know *ezlan* is a wealth of information. I only wish I'd
    known about it before I fiddled around to get my network functional.

    --
    HTH,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    http://aumha.org/

    > Hi
    > May be this can Help.
    > settings, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    > allowed to be shared.
    > Basic XP -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
    > Advanced XP -
    > Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
    > Printer Sharing XP -
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > wrote in message
    > news:1173740992.675941.165980@q40g2000cwq.googlegr oups.com...
    >> 1st PC - Windows Vista
    >> 2nd PC - Windows XP
    >> Network stuff - Belkin wireless-g router connected to the XP PC,
    >> Belkin network card in Vista PC
    >>
    >> Issue:
    >>

    >> Just installed everything I thought I needed for a wireless home
    >> network and it connected to the internet fine (I can surf on both
    >> computers).
    >>

    >> However, what I really wanted t do was to:
    >>

    >> 1) Share files/folders etc
    >> 2) Share a printer (currently got a Canon Multi-function laser
    >> printer
    >> connected to the XP PC as a normal non-network printer)
    >>

    >> I cannot for the life of me get these two items above to happen. Any
    >> ideas greatly appreciated.
    >>

    >> Glenn

+ Reply to Thread