network adapter - Wireless

This is a discussion on network adapter - Wireless ; hi i recently stupidly managed to break my network adapter it came with the router i brought and i was wondering if i need to buy the exact same 1 to match the router and model number or could i ...

  1. network adapter

    hi i recently stupidly managed to break my network adapter it came with the
    router i brought and i was wondering if i need to buy the exact same 1 to
    match the router and model number or could i buy any ?

  2. Re: network adapter

    Hi
    It depends on the Wireless Router.
    Any newer Wireless card would connect to any newer Wireless Router, in
    802.11b/g mode.
    However if you have a Wireless Router that does special mode (like preN,or
    SuperG) you need the matching card by the same brand.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "leolady" wrote in message
    > hi i recently stupidly managed to break my network adapter it came with
    > the
    > router i brought and i was wondering if i need to buy the exact same 1 to
    > match the router and model number or could i buy any ?

+ Reply to Thread