Why no wireless network showing - Wireless

This is a discussion on Why no wireless network showing - Wireless ; I have a HP Compaq notebook running windows XP and for the last few weeks have been going to places where there is free WIFI network hotspots, but My computer will not recognise any wireless connections. The same message"There are ...

  1. Why no wireless network showing

    I have a HP Compaq notebook running windows XP and for the last few weeks
    have been going to places where there is free WIFI network hotspots, but My
    computer will not recognise any wireless connections. The same message"There
    are no wireless networks available". i try to repar connec tion but nothing
    happens. What am I missing here? Surely I dont need a wireless card because
    its built in so why will no network connection show up. What configurations
    do I have to make with my comp. Its so frustration and I unable to get
    support from seller . (Original HP retailer) because I am in another country
    and they will not allow even email support in my language when I try to enter
    my various original purchase numbers, can someone at Microsoft or a member of
    our group help please/.. I have HP Compaq nx 6325, Windows XP...Thanks

  2. RE: Why no wireless network showing

    "sunny marky" wrote:
    > I have a HP Compaq notebook running windows XP and for the last few weeks
    > have been going to places where there is free WIFI network hotspots, but My
    > computer will not recognise any wireless connections. The same message"There
    > are no wireless networks available". i try to repar connec tion but nothing
    > happens. What am I missing here?

    Please check if there is a little switch or button somewhere on the laptop
    that turns the wireless radio ON. Until turned ON, it won't work.

    > Its so frustration and I unable to get
    > support from seller . (Original HP retailer) because I am in another country
    > and they will not allow even email support in my language

    What if you just email them in English like here?

    > when I try to enter
    > my various original purchase numbers, can someone at Microsoft or a member of
    > our group help please/.. I have HP Compaq nx 6325, Windows XP...Thanks

    Regards,
    --PA

  3. Re: Why no wireless network showing

    May be this can Help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "sunny marky" wrote in message
    >I have a HP Compaq notebook running windows XP and for the last few weeks
    > have been going to places where there is free WIFI network hotspots, but
    > My
    > computer will not recognise any wireless connections. The same
    > message"There
    > are no wireless networks available". i try to repar connec tion but
    > nothing
    > happens. What am I missing here? Surely I dont need a wireless card
    > because
    > its built in so why will no network connection show up. What
    > configurations
    > do I have to make with my comp. Its so frustration and I unable to get
    > support from seller . (Original HP retailer) because I am in another
    > country
    > and they will not allow even email support in my language when I try to
    > enter
    > my various original purchase numbers, can someone at Microsoft or a member
    > of
    > our group help please/.. I have HP Compaq nx 6325, Windows XP...Thanks

  4. RE: Why no wireless network showing

    Depending on wether or not your HP Laptop came with the 802.11B drivers only
    ,it may be required that you download the 802.11G Downloadable driver from
    HP to allow your WI-FI work with the available "WI-FI Hotspots" in your
    area, they are free to D/Load at HP.
    I Quit HP and use Tosh.
    Good Luck

    "Pavel A." wrote:

    > "sunny marky" wrote:
    > > I have a HP Compaq notebook running windows XP and for the last few weeks
    > > have been going to places where there is free WIFI network hotspots, but My
    > > computer will not recognise any wireless connections. The same message"There
    > > are no wireless networks available". i try to repar connec tion but nothing
    > > happens. What am I missing here?

    > Please check if there is a little switch or button somewhere on the laptop
    > that turns the wireless radio ON. Until turned ON, it won't work.
    >
    > > Its so frustration and I unable to get
    > > support from seller . (Original HP retailer) because I am in another country
    > > and they will not allow even email support in my language

    > What if you just email them in English like here?
    >
    > > when I try to enter
    > > my various original purchase numbers, can someone at Microsoft or a member of
    > > our group help please/.. I have HP Compaq nx 6325, Windows XP...Thanks

    > Regards,
    > --PA

  5. Why no wireless network showing?

    I'm having exactly the same issue at home. When I turn on my HP Compaq Presario laptop it is intitially saying that no network is available. If I then move the laptop to right beside the wireless router, it finds the network and connects. I can then move the laptop back to where it was originally, where it tells me the signal strength is excellent.

    I have updated the wireless adaptor drivers, and it's made no difference. This was happening very occasionally until about 2 weeks ago; now it happens every time.

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

  6. Re: Why no wireless network showing?

    wrote in message news:200732821639marksi@hotmail.co.uk...
    > I'm having exactly the same issue at home. When I turn on my HP
    > Compaq Presario laptop it is intitially saying that no network is
    > available. If I then move the laptop to right beside the wireless
    > router, it finds the network and connects. I can then move the laptop
    > back to where it was originally, where it tells me the signal strength
    > is excellent.
    >
    > I have updated the wireless adaptor drivers, and it's made no
    > difference. This was happening very occasionally until about 2 weeks
    > ago; now it happens every time.

    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    I have experienced similar problems from time to time. The problem may
    (or may not) be related to the default IP address, that your laptop has
    allocated to the connection.

    I found the following "workaround" usually works.

    Right click on the wireless networking icon (on notification area of the
    taskbar) and click on "View wireless networks". Then click on "refresh
    network list". This usually forces the laptop to detect all networks in
    range. If your laptop still does not detect any networks, right click
    on the icon and select the "Repair" option.

    If the wireless networking icon is missing from your taskbar, you can
    access these menus via Control Panel / Network Connections.

    If neither of these suggestions works, you may have a hardware problem
    with your laptop or router.

+ Reply to Thread