File & Print sharing over wireless network... - Wireless

This is a discussion on File & Print sharing over wireless network... - Wireless ; I have a SBC DSL account, with their 2wire SW1000 modem, which is wireless. #1 computer has 2 printers connected to it & shared & is plugged into the LAN port on the 2wire. #2 computer is connected via a ...

  1. File & Print sharing over wireless network...

    I have a SBC DSL account, with their 2wire SW1000 modem, which is wireless.
    #1 computer has 2 printers connected to it & shared & is plugged into the
    LAN port on the 2wire.
    #2 computer is connected via a 2wire usb adapter.
    I am trying to connect to the printers that are shared on #1 computer, but
    can't.
    I can ping each other by name or address, but can't see when I look at
    workgroup computers, even though they are both in the same workgroup.
    File & Print sharing is on, what else am I missing?

  2. Re: File & Print sharing over wireless network...

    Hi

    As far as Printer and File Sharing is concern it does Not matter if the
    connection us wire or wireless.

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    allowed to be shared.

    Basic XP -

    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx

    Printer Sharing XP -

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mike" wrote in message
    >I have a SBC DSL account, with their 2wire SW1000 modem, which is wireless.
    > #1 computer has 2 printers connected to it & shared & is plugged into the
    > LAN port on the 2wire.
    > #2 computer is connected via a 2wire usb adapter.
    > I am trying to connect to the printers that are shared on #1 computer, but
    > can't.
    > I can ping each other by name or address, but can't see when I look at
    > workgroup computers, even though they are both in the same workgroup.
    > File & Print sharing is on, what else am I missing?

+ Reply to Thread