HiddenFaxViewer - Wireless

This is a discussion on HiddenFaxViewer - Wireless ; Good Morning. I have never posted and whlke reviewing posts I don't have all of the technological jargon. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 purchased about six months ago and attempted to go wireless and couldn't. Finally this weekend, I ...

  1. HiddenFaxViewer

    Good Morning. I have never posted and whlke reviewing posts I don't have all
    of the technological jargon. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 purchased about six
    months ago and attempted to go wireless and couldn't. Finally this weekend,
    I bought a better router and was finally able to go wireless. Connection and
    strength is great - can access all over my home. No problems with connection.

    Problem - can't stay connected. If I leave the machine alone for an
    arbitraty amount of time - the connection while still active with excellent
    strength - the internet will not connect. If I go to restart the computer, a
    screen will appear about the HiddenFaxViewer. I can't find this application,
    have restored the machine to factory settings.

    WHAT IS AND WHERE IS THIS HIDDEN FAX VIEWER AND HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?

    Thank you

  2. Re: HiddenFaxViewer

    Hi
    Wireless stability can be affected by variety of variables. May be this page
    can help you identify what causes the problem in your case.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#sudden
    Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is set as default viewer for graphic files.
    You can turn it off altogether, Click Start/Run enter this: regsvr32 /u
    shimgvw.dll and press Enter.
    To turn it back on do the same but omit the /u from the end of the command
    line.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Jody" wrote in message
    > Good Morning. I have never posted and whlke reviewing posts I don't have
    > all
    > of the technological jargon. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 purchased about
    > six
    > months ago and attempted to go wireless and couldn't. Finally this
    > weekend,
    > I bought a better router and was finally able to go wireless. Connection
    > and
    > strength is great - can access all over my home. No problems with
    > connection.
    >
    > Problem - can't stay connected. If I leave the machine alone for an
    > arbitraty amount of time - the connection while still active with
    > excellent
    > strength - the internet will not connect. If I go to restart the
    > computer, a
    > screen will appear about the HiddenFaxViewer. I can't find this
    > application,
    > have restored the machine to factory settings.
    >
    > WHAT IS AND WHERE IS THIS HIDDEN FAX VIEWER AND HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?
    >
    > Thank you

+ Reply to Thread