Belkin Wireless G router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Belkin Wireless G router - Wireless ; I have a wireless g router which i was using at home.. im staying with friends for a while and ive been trying to set my router up on their computer when i set it up it went thru everything ...

  1. Belkin Wireless G router

    I have a wireless g router which i was using at home.. im staying with
    friends for a while and ive been trying to set my router up on their computer
    when i set it up it went thru everything seemed ok.. but the desktop isnt
    able to connect to the internet when the router is connected to the desktop,
    how can i set it up so that the laptop and the desktop both can connect to
    the internet...first i was told i need to set up a bridge then belkin tells
    me that a bridge wouldnt work... i really dont know what else to do..

  2. Re: Belkin Wireless G router

    Hi
    It will help if you would tell us How the desktop is connected to the
    Internet and how you are connecting the Wireless Router to the desktop.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "shortnsweet" wrote in message
    >I have a wireless g router which i was using at home.. im staying with
    > friends for a while and ive been trying to set my router up on their
    > computer
    > when i set it up it went thru everything seemed ok.. but the desktop isnt
    > able to connect to the internet when the router is connected to the
    > desktop,
    > how can i set it up so that the laptop and the desktop both can connect to
    > the internet...first i was told i need to set up a bridge then belkin
    > tells
    > me that a bridge wouldnt work... i really dont know what else to do..

  3. Re: Belkin Wireless G router

    oh im sorry the desktop connects thru a cable modem... time warner cable and
    the wireless router is connecting to the modem...
    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > It will help if you would tell us How the desktop is connected to the
    > Internet and how you are connecting the Wireless Router to the desktop.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "shortnsweet" wrote in message
    > >I have a wireless g router which i was using at home.. im staying with
    > > friends for a while and ive been trying to set my router up on their
    > > computer
    > > when i set it up it went thru everything seemed ok.. but the desktop isnt
    > > able to connect to the internet when the router is connected to the
    > > desktop,
    > > how can i set it up so that the laptop and the desktop both can connect to
    > > the internet...first i was told i need to set up a bridge then belkin
    > > tells
    > > me that a bridge wouldnt work... i really dont know what else to do..

  4. Re: Belkin Wireless G router

    Hi
    So basically you are trying to connect both your Router and the Desktop to
    the Modem.
    It can not work this way since only one device can connect to the Modem and
    obtain IP.
    You have to connect the Modem to the Router's WAN port, and then plug the
    Desktop to the Router.
    Basically looking like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    Then you have to configure the Authentication for RR.
    See here, http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html

    news2304097-CE1D-4CF1-908F-2755164086B9@microsoft.com...
    > oh im sorry the desktop connects thru a cable modem... time warner cable
    > and
    > the wireless router is connecting to the modem...
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> It will help if you would tell us How the desktop is connected to the
    >> Internet and how you are connecting the Wireless Router to the desktop.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "shortnsweet" wrote in message
    >> >I have a wireless g router which i was using at home.. im staying with
    >> > friends for a while and ive been trying to set my router up on their
    >> > computer
    >> > when i set it up it went thru everything seemed ok.. but the desktop
    >> > isnt
    >> > able to connect to the internet when the router is connected to the
    >> > desktop,
    >> > how can i set it up so that the laptop and the desktop both can connect
    >> > the internet...first i was told i need to set up a bridge then belkin
    >> > tells
    >> > me that a bridge wouldnt work... i really dont know what else to do..

+ Reply to Thread