Using "perfmon" to measure encryption impact on wireless networkin - Wireless

This is a discussion on Using "perfmon" to measure encryption impact on wireless networkin - Wireless ; I'm interested in using perfmon to study the impact that different wireless encryption methods (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.) might have on a PCs performance, such as processor overhead, additional memory use, etc. I will create a custom counter log to ...

  1. Using "perfmon" to measure encryption impact on wireless networkin

    I'm interested in using perfmon to study the impact that different wireless
    encryption methods (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.) might have on a PCs performance,
    such as processor overhead, additional memory use, etc.

    I will create a custom counter log to capture the results of my test(s), and
    then analyze the data with Excel.

    Can anyone tell me, specifically, which performance counters I might need to
    watch to get the best results from my "experiment"?

    Thank you,
    Ed

  2. RE: Using "perfmon" to measure encryption impact on wireless networkin

    "Ed Flecko" wrote:
    > I'm interested in using perfmon to study the impact that different wireless
    > encryption methods (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.) might have on a PCs performance,
    > such as processor overhead, additional memory use, etc.
    >
    > I will create a custom counter log to capture the results of my test(s), and
    > then analyze the data with Excel.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me, specifically, which performance counters I might need to
    > watch to get the best results from my "experiment"?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Ed

    Try Processor\ % Processor Time ,
    Memory \ Pool nonpaged bytes