Vista computer can only see itself on network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Vista computer can only see itself on network - Wireless ; I just set up a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. Norton's firewall for Vsta, which wa preinstalled on the computer, is running. But even with Norton turned off the HP cannot see the other computers on ...

  1. Vista computer can only see itself on network

    I just set up a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. Norton's
    firewall for Vsta, which wa preinstalled on the computer, is running. But
    even with Norton turned off the HP cannot see the other computers on the
    home wireless network although they can see the HP. Can someone help?

  2. Re: Vista computer can only see itself on network

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Hanknyc" wrote in message
    news:US5Ih.7926$PL.1412@newsread4.news.pas.earthli nk.net...
    >I just set up a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. Norton's
    >firewall for Vsta, which wa preinstalled on the computer, is running. But
    >even with Norton turned off the HP cannot see the other computers on the
    >home wireless network although they can see the HP. Can someone help?

  3. Re: Vista computer can only see itself on network

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > May be this can Help.
    > http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Hanknyc" wrote in message
    > news:US5Ih.7926$PL.1412@newsread4.news.pas.earthli nk.net...
    > >I just set up a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. Norton's
    > >firewall for Vsta, which wa preinstalled on the computer, is running. But
    > >even with Norton turned off the HP cannot see the other computers on the
    > >home wireless network although they can see the HP. Can someone help?

    I got the same problem, my Vista home premimum HP laptop cannot see any
    other computers on my small home network. I have a mixed set of computers,
    running Win2000, Linux, MacOSX and XP Pro. I have downloaded and installed
    the LLTD Responder on the XP machines but that did NOT help. The Vista laptop
    still cannot see them. Nor does this help give me a clue as to what to do
    about getting my laptop to see the Win2000, Linux running Samba, or MacOSX
    computers.

+ Reply to Thread