Leaving a router switched on? - Wireless

This is a discussion on Leaving a router switched on? - Wireless ; Apart from the environmental issues, is there any reason why I can't leave a Netgear ADSL Router permanently on? Thanks Tony...

  1. Leaving a router switched on?

    Apart from the environmental issues, is there any reason why I can't leave a
    Netgear ADSL Router permanently on?
    Thanks
    Tony

  2. RE: Leaving a router switched on?

    "Tony Williams" wrote:

    > Apart from the environmental issues, is there any reason why I can't leave a
    > Netgear ADSL Router permanently on?
    > Thanks
    > Tony

    If all secured and you implemented a security feature (WPA/WEP) on your
    wireless Router, why you need to Turn it OFF, some Router if they lost power
    for long they lose Settings which you configured on set up.
    There are no need to turn it OFF, if you that conscious about Environment
    then Turn the TV OFF instead of Standby or you Alarm Clock and so on...
    HTH.
    Regards,
    nass

  3. Re: Leaving a router switched on?

    Thanks nass
    Tony
    "nass" wrote in message

    > "Tony Williams" wrote:
    >
    >> Apart from the environmental issues, is there any reason why I can't
    >> leave a
    >> Netgear ADSL Router permanently on?
    >> Thanks
    >> Tony

    > If all secured and you implemented a security feature (WPA/WEP) on your
    > wireless Router, why you need to Turn it OFF, some Router if they lost
    > power
    > for long they lose Settings which you configured on set up.
    > There are no need to turn it OFF, if you that conscious about Environment
    > then Turn the TV OFF instead of Standby or you Alarm Clock and so on...
    > HTH.
    > Regards,
    > nass

  4. Re: Leaving a router switched on?

    You are welcome
    nass

    "Tony Williams" wrote:

    > Thanks nass
    > Tony
    > "nass" wrote in message
    > >

    > > "Tony Williams" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Apart from the environmental issues, is there any reason why I can't
    > >> leave a
    > >> Netgear ADSL Router permanently on?
    > >> Thanks
    > >> Tony

    > > If all secured and you implemented a security feature (WPA/WEP) on your
    > > wireless Router, why you need to Turn it OFF, some Router if they lost
    > > power
    > > for long they lose Settings which you configured on set up.
    > > There are no need to turn it OFF, if you that conscious about Environment
    > > then Turn the TV OFF instead of Standby or you Alarm Clock and so on...
    > > HTH.
    > > Regards,
    > > nass

+ Reply to Thread