need help with ics - Wireless

This is a discussion on need help with ics - Wireless ; I have 2 notebook computers which I have created an adhoc wireless network between. One is on a dsl internet connection via ethernet card - I would like to access that connection from the other pc. When I check the ...

  1. need help with ics

    I have 2 notebook computers which I have created an adhoc wireless network
    between. One is on a dsl internet connection via ethernet card - I would
    like to access that connection from the other pc. When I check the box that
    says something like "allow internet access through this computer" I get an
    error message that says another element in the LAN is already using the IP
    address needed... don't know what that could be. Have run ipconfig/release
    and then /renew on both but doesn't matter. I did create a bridge and that
    worked, but I removed it as I was told it was 'dangerous' to connect my
    internet connection to my wireless network... but isn't that what I want to
    do? need some help thanks.

  2. Re: need help with ics

    Hi
    This page has extensive instructions for ICS,
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "freedomii" wrote in message
    >I have 2 notebook computers which I have created an adhoc wireless network
    > between. One is on a dsl internet connection via ethernet card - I would
    > like to access that connection from the other pc. When I check the box
    > that
    > says something like "allow internet access through this computer" I get an
    > error message that says another element in the LAN is already using the IP
    > address needed... don't know what that could be. Have run
    > ipconfig/release
    > and then /renew on both but doesn't matter. I did create a bridge and
    > that
    > worked, but I removed it as I was told it was 'dangerous' to connect my
    > internet connection to my wireless network... but isn't that what I want
    > do? need some help thanks.

+ Reply to Thread