Wireless devices & hardware... - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless devices & hardware... - Wireless ; I would like to know if i can make my epson c66 printer & my sony dsc-w50 cybershot camera wireless? i was thinking mybe by downloading drivers or by using usb portable networking devices or simular?...

  1. Wireless devices & hardware...

    I would like to know if i can make my epson c66 printer & my sony dsc-w50
    cybershot camera wireless? i was thinking mybe by downloading drivers or by
    using usb portable networking devices or simular?

  2. Re: Wireless devices & hardware...

    Hi
    I do not know specially about the c66 printer, but there are 3rd party
    Wireless Printer servers that work with many printers.
    However a Camera can not be made Wireless unless it is specifically designed
    for it. While many devices use the USB interface, Wireless USB would not
    work with any common USB, it has to be designed for the specific device.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#usb
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "klantee" wrote in message
    >I would like to know if i can make my epson c66 printer & my sony dsc-w50
    > cybershot camera wireless? i was thinking mybe by downloading drivers or
    > by
    > using usb portable networking devices or simular?

  3. Re: Wireless devices & hardware...

    Hello

    In regards to 3rd party Wireless Printer servers, can you recomend some
    manafactures as i don't really know what printer servers are?

    Many Thanks

    Klantee

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > I do not know specially about the c66 printer, but there are 3rd party Wireless Printer servers
    > that work with many printers.
    > However a Camera can not be made Wireless unless it is specifically designed
    > for it. While many devices use the USB interface, Wireless USB would not
    > work with any common USB, it has to be designed for the specific device.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/faq#usb
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "klantee" wrote in message
    > >I would like to know if i can make my epson c66 printer & my sony dsc-w50
    > > cybershot camera wireless? i was thinking mybe by downloading drivers or
    > > by
    > > using usb portable networking devices or simular?

  4. Re: Wireless devices & hardware...

    Hi
    I can point you to the direction but you would have to try carefully (I.e.
    open and use the device in a way that it can be exchanged by the vendor)
    since there is always the risk that it would not work well with your
    specific printer.
    I would start with this,
    This page has a collection of both wire and wireless printer servers,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...server&Ntk=all
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "klantee" wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > In regards to 3rd party Wireless Printer servers, can you recomend some
    > manafactures as i don't really know what printer servers are?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Klantee
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> I do not know specially about the c66 printer, but there are 3rd party
    >> Wireless Printer servers
    >> that work with many printers.
    >> However a Camera can not be made Wireless unless it is specifically
    >> designed
    >> for it. While many devices use the USB interface, Wireless USB would not
    >> work with any common USB, it has to be designed for the specific device.
    >> http://www.ezlan.net/faq#usb
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "klantee" wrote in message
    >> >I would like to know if i can make my epson c66 printer & my sony
    >> >dsc-w50
    >> > cybershot camera wireless? i was thinking mybe by downloading drivers
    >> > or
    >> > by
    >> > using usb portable networking devices or simular?

  5. Re: Wireless devices & hardware...

    Thanks, you've been a real help.

    Klantee...

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > I can point you to the direction but you would have to try carefully (I.e.
    > open and use the device in a way that it can be exchanged by the vendor)
    > since there is always the risk that it would not work well with your
    > specific printer.
    > I would start with this,
    > This page has a collection of both wire and wireless printer servers,
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...server&Ntk=all
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "klantee" wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > In regards to 3rd party Wireless Printer servers, can you recomend some
    > > manafactures as i don't really know what printer servers are?
    > >
    > > Many Thanks
    > >
    > > Klantee
    > >
    > > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >> I do not know specially about the c66 printer, but there are 3rd party
    > >> Wireless Printer servers
    > >> that work with many printers.
    > >> However a Camera can not be made Wireless unless it is specifically
    > >> designed
    > >> for it. While many devices use the USB interface, Wireless USB would not
    > >> work with any common USB, it has to be designed for the specific device.
    > >> http://www.ezlan.net/faq#usb
    > >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >>
    > >> "klantee" wrote in message

+ Reply to Thread