Change SSID on the fly - Install certificate silently :| - Wireless

This is a discussion on Change SSID on the fly - Install certificate silently :| - Wireless ; Hi, I have an scenario where a wireless client discovers an AP and connects with out credentials. The client is been redirected to an CA provisioning page to obtain a certificate. With the certificate issued by the CA authority provisioning ...

  1. Change SSID on the fly - Install certificate silently :|

    Hi, I have an scenario where a wireless client discovers an AP and
    connects with out credentials. The client is been redirected to an CA
    provisioning page to obtain a certificate. With the certificate issued
    by the CA authority provisioning pages I have two questions:
    1- Is possible to install the certificates silently?
    2- How to change the SSID on the fly changing the user from the
    unsecured wireless network to my secure network?

    I'll appreciate any answer.
    Thanks,
    Nelson

  2. RE: Change SSID on the fly - Install certificate silently :|

    Yes, this is possible - for example if the client machine has
    an agent for this kind of cert & profiles deployment.
    When the client machine gets connected to the provisioning
    server, it will pull in the new profile and the cert for it,
    and then reconnect - for example, by using the Wlan API.

    Without such agent, Windows will not (and should not)
    intall anything silently, it would be a security hole.

    Regards,
    --PA

    "Nelson Guerrero" wrote:
    > Hi, I have an scenario where a wireless client discovers an AP and
    > connects with out credentials. The client is been redirected to an CA
    > provisioning page to obtain a certificate. With the certificate issued
    > by the CA authority provisioning pages I have two questions:
    > 1- Is possible to install the certificates silently?
    > 2- How to change the SSID on the fly changing the user from the
    > unsecured wireless network to my secure network?
    >
    > I'll appreciate any answer.
    > Thanks,
    > Nelson

+ Reply to Thread