Internet Explorer will not open w wireless connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Internet Explorer will not open w wireless connection - Wireless ; Hi, I am unable to open any web page in Internet Explorer on my laptop. I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista, and I am connected through a LinkSys router WRT54G. The router is working correctly, I can ping ...

  1. Internet Explorer will not open w wireless connection

    Hi,

    I am unable to open any web page in Internet Explorer on my laptop. I have a
    Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista, and I am connected through a LinkSys
    router WRT54G. The router is working correctly, I can ping all the websites,
    it says I am connected to the correct network I set up through the router,
    and my modem and PC desktop are working correctly as well.

    But every time I try to open Internet Explorer, it says that it cannot
    display the webpage. I'm on channel 6 per the Linksys people, and I've
    checked that the wireless card is working correctly as well.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

  2. RE: Internet Explorer will not open w wireless connection

    Did you know that you may have 90 days of free product support for Vista?

    https://support.microsoft.com/common...=1&gprid=11732

    Regards,
    --PA

    "Suzy" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am unable to open any web page in Internet Explorer on my laptop. I have a
    > Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista, and I am connected through a LinkSys
    > router WRT54G. The router is working correctly, I can ping all the websites,
    > it says I am connected to the correct network I set up through the router,
    > and my modem and PC desktop are working correctly as well.
    >
    > But every time I try to open Internet Explorer, it says that it cannot
    > display the webpage. I'm on channel 6 per the Linksys people, and I've
    > checked that the wireless card is working correctly as well.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

  3. RE: Internet Explorer will not open w wireless connection

    Thanks, but I was on hold with them for an hour and a half with no response.

    I tried shutting off McAfee. Do I need to assign the DNS?

    Thanks.

    "Pavel A." wrote:

    > Did you know that you may have 90 days of free product support for Vista?
    >
    > https://support.microsoft.com/common...=1&gprid=11732
    >
    > Regards,
    > --PA
    >

    > "Suzy" wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am unable to open any web page in Internet Explorer on my laptop. I have a
    > > Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista, and I am connected through a LinkSys
    > > router WRT54G. The router is working correctly, I can ping all the websites,
    > > it says I am connected to the correct network I set up through the router,
    > > and my modem and PC desktop are working correctly as well.
    > >
    > > But every time I try to open Internet Explorer, it says that it cannot
    > > display the webpage. I'm on channel 6 per the Linksys people, and I've
    > > checked that the wireless card is working correctly as well.
    > >
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

  4. RE: Internet Explorer will not open w wireless connection

    Hi Suzy, it look's like you are way ahead of me. I have the same router you
    do hooked up to windows Xp on my desktop and laptop. Internet access is ok on
    both computers and I can see files and printer sharing from the laptop to the
    desktop.

    do you know why I cannot see files from the desktop to the laptop ?
    --
    Terry T

    "Suzy" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am unable to open any web page in Internet Explorer on my laptop. I have a
    > Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista, and I am connected through a LinkSys
    > router WRT54G. The router is working correctly, I can ping all the websites,
    > it says I am connected to the correct network I set up through the router,
    > and my modem and PC desktop are working correctly as well.
    >
    > But every time I try to open Internet Explorer, it says that it cannot
    > display the webpage. I'm on channel 6 per the Linksys people, and I've
    > checked that the wireless card is working correctly as well.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

+ Reply to Thread