Unable to disable my wireless connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Unable to disable my wireless connection - Wireless ; When I try to disable my wireless connection from the icon on the taskbar, I get the following error message below. My hardware consists of an Intersil Prism Wireless Lan. I am able to disable my connection from the control ...

  1. Unable to disable my wireless connection

    When I try to disable my wireless connection from the icon on the
    taskbar, I get the following error message below. My hardware consists
    of an Intersil Prism Wireless Lan.
    I am able to disable my connection from the control panel but not the
    taskbar icon.
    I would appreciate any support. Thanks

    Error Disabling Connection
    It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This
    connection may be using one
    or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have
    been
    intitiated by another user or the system account.

    When I click advanced settings, this is what is installed

    This connection uses the following items:

    Client for Microsoft Networks
    File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    QoS Packet Schedule
    Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

  2. Re: Unable to disable my wireless connection

    Hi
    Make sure that the "Cryptographic Services" service is On, and set to Auto.
    This page describe how to set WZC the same principle apply the Cryptographic
    Services.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    news:1172130821.013174.295500@t69g2000cwt.googlegr oups.com...
    > When I try to disable my wireless connection from the icon on the
    > taskbar, I get the following error message below. My hardware consists
    > of an Intersil Prism Wireless Lan.
    > I am able to disable my connection from the control panel but not the
    > taskbar icon.
    > I would appreciate any support. Thanks
    >
    > Error Disabling Connection
    > It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This
    > connection may be using one
    > or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have
    > been
    > intitiated by another user or the system account.
    >
    > When I click advanced settings, this is what is installed
    >
    > This connection uses the following items:
    >
    > Client for Microsoft Networks
    > File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    > QoS Packet Schedule
    > Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

  3. RE: Unable to disable my wireless connection

    "techman41973@yahoo.com" wrote:
    > When I try to disable my wireless connection from the icon on the
    > taskbar, I get the following error message below. My hardware consists
    > of an Intersil Prism Wireless Lan.
    > I am able to disable my connection from the control panel but not the
    > taskbar icon.

    If you can disable a netcard from Dervice manager but not
    from Network connections, a culprit may be a NDIS protocol
    sitting on it, or a buggy coinstaller or notify object.
    Contact the vendor of your card or driver.

    Regards,
    --PA

+ Reply to Thread