win98se wireless card - Wireless

This is a discussion on win98se wireless card - Wireless ; Hi, Have a pc with windows 98se, which has just has a fresh install. I've put a wireless card in (buffalo g54 pci) and the drivers have installed fine. My problem is, i cannot find the buffalo "client monitor" software ...

  1. win98se wireless card

    Hi,

    Have a pc with windows 98se, which has just has a fresh install.
    I've put a wireless card in (buffalo g54 pci) and the drivers have
    installed fine.
    My problem is, i cannot find the buffalo "client monitor" software (no
    longer have original cd).

    So my query is, how do i get this pc on a wireless network.
    Is there any other software i can download and use? it has to use
    minimal resources as its a 800mhz amd (k7?) and 128mb..

    Also any recommendations on a browser? im worried firefox wont run
    smoothly.

    Thank you

  2. Re: win98se wireless card

    figurt@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Have a pc with windows 98se, which has just has a fresh install.
    > I've put a wireless card in (buffalo g54 pci) and the drivers have
    > installed fine.
    > My problem is, i cannot find the buffalo "client monitor" software (no
    > longer have original cd).
    >
    > So my query is, how do i get this pc on a wireless network.
    > Is there any other software i can download and use? it has to use
    > minimal resources as its a 800mhz amd (k7?) and 128mb..
    >
    > Also any recommendations on a browser? im worried firefox wont run
    > smoothly.
    >
    > Thank you

    The download for Buffalo's "client monitor" software at
    http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/ just says "Windows" so it
    isn't clear if this will work on 98se. Have you tried it?

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

  3. Re: win98se wireless card

    Hi
    The Client Manager should work with Win98se, WinME, Win2000, Win XP
    Jack (MVP-Networking).