Loss of cennectivity after windows update - Wireless

This is a discussion on Loss of cennectivity after windows update - Wireless ; I have a WIFI network using XP pro and after setting windows update to auto update I keep losing my WIFI connection. I know that the network is ok as I have tested it with another pc....

  1. Loss of cennectivity after windows update

    I have a WIFI network using XP pro and after setting windows update to auto
    update I keep losing my WIFI connection.
    I know that the network is ok as I have tested it with another pc.

  2. Re: Loss of cennectivity after windows update

    Hi
    Auto Update per-se should not affect the Wireless connection. May be the
    computer needs massive update and the Wireless connection is not stable
    enough.
    Try to connect the computer for few hours with a wire and let it do the Big
    update. Then go back to Wireless.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "COL" wrote in message
    >I have a WIFI network using XP pro and after setting windows update to auto
    > update I keep losing my WIFI connection.
    > I know that the network is ok as I have tested it with another pc.

  3. Re: Loss of cennectivity after windows update

    It's totally up to date. I had this happen before and it was caused by an
    update but I cant remember which one.
    anything else connects quite happily. i.e pda's another XP machine etc.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Auto Update per-se should not affect the Wireless connection. May be the
    > computer needs massive update and the Wireless connection is not stable
    > enough.
    > Try to connect the computer for few hours with a wire and let it do the Big
    > update. Then go back to Wireless.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "COL" wrote in message
    > >I have a WIFI network using XP pro and after setting windows update to auto
    > > update I keep losing my WIFI connection.
    > > I know that the network is ok as I have tested it with another pc.

  4. Re: Loss of cennectivity after windows update

    Hi
    Ok,let forget about the Update.
    Wireless does not work? Try to fix the Wireless.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#sudden
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "COL" wrote in message
    > It's totally up to date. I had this happen before and it was caused by an
    > update but I cant remember which one.
    > anything else connects quite happily. i.e pda's another XP machine etc.
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Auto Update per-se should not affect the Wireless connection. May be the
    >> computer needs massive update and the Wireless connection is not stable
    >> enough.
    >> Try to connect the computer for few hours with a wire and let it do the
    >> Big
    >> update. Then go back to Wireless.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "COL" wrote in message
    >> >I have a WIFI network using XP pro and after setting windows update to
    >> >auto
    >> > update I keep losing my WIFI connection.
    >> > I know that the network is ok as I have tested it with another pc.

+ Reply to Thread