Wireless icon disappeared - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless icon disappeared - Wireless ; I use Windows XP on a Gateway 4540 laptop. Two weeks ago my wireless internet connection symbol dissappeared from the toolbar at the bottom right of windows. I can still access the web wirelessly, but I cannot choose which signal ...

  1. Wireless icon disappeared

    I use Windows XP on a Gateway 4540 laptop. Two weeks ago my wireless internet
    connection symbol dissappeared from the toolbar at the bottom right of
    windows. I can still access the web wirelessly, but I cannot choose which
    signal I want to use. When I use the control panel and check internet
    connections there it does not indicate a wireless connection even though I'm
    wirelessly connected to the internet. How do I get the symbol to return?

  2. Re: Wireless icon disappeared

    Hi
    Here you go, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#icon_bar
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Austin170" wrote in message
    >I use Windows XP on a Gateway 4540 laptop. Two weeks ago my wireless
    >internet
    > connection symbol dissappeared from the toolbar at the bottom right of
    > windows. I can still access the web wirelessly, but I cannot choose which
    > signal I want to use. When I use the control panel and check internet
    > connections there it does not indicate a wireless connection even though
    > I'm
    > wirelessly connected to the internet. How do I get the symbol to return?

  3. Re: Wireless icon disappeared

    Thanks for the reply, however when I followed your instructions nothing
    happened. The run box disappeared and nothing else happened. Any more
    suggestions?

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Here you go, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#icon_bar
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Austin170" wrote in message
    > >I use Windows XP on a Gateway 4540 laptop. Two weeks ago my wireless
    > >internet
    > > connection symbol dissappeared from the toolbar at the bottom right of
    > > windows. I can still access the web wirelessly, but I cannot choose which
    > > signal I want to use. When I use the control panel and check internet
    > > connections there it does not indicate a wireless connection even though
    > > I'm
    > > wirelessly connected to the internet. How do I get the symbol to return?

  4. Re: Wireless icon disappeared

    Hi
    Get to the Control Panel by Start / Setting / Control Panel, or any other
    way that your system is set for.
    Once in Control Panel double click on the Network Connections.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Austin170" wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply, however when I followed your instructions nothing
    > happened. The run box disappeared and nothing else happened. Any more
    > suggestions?
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Here you go, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#icon_bar
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Austin170" wrote in message
    >> >I use Windows XP on a Gateway 4540 laptop. Two weeks ago my wireless
    >> >internet
    >> > connection symbol dissappeared from the toolbar at the bottom right of
    >> > windows. I can still access the web wirelessly, but I cannot choose
    >> > which
    >> > signal I want to use. When I use the control panel and check internet
    >> > connections there it does not indicate a wireless connection even
    >> > though
    >> > I'm
    >> > wirelessly connected to the internet. How do I get the symbol to
    >> > return?

+ Reply to Thread