One-way ping? - Wireless

This is a discussion on One-way ping? - Wireless ; I have a WiFi network (AdHoc) connecting two computers. One (Host) runs XP64 and has DLS connection to Internet. The other (Client) runs XPHome original (no SP1 or SP2) and connects to Internet via Host. This works fine. When I ...

  1. One-way ping?

    I have a WiFi network (AdHoc) connecting two computers. One (Host) runs XP64
    and has DLS connection to Internet. The other (Client) runs XPHome original
    (no SP1 or SP2) and connects to Internet via Host. This works fine. When I
    try to ping Host from Client (ping 168.192.0.1) I get correct response. But
    when I try to ping Client from Host (ping 168.192.0.2) I get a timeout
    error. It would seem that Host is not receiving (transmit packet count does
    increment) but I just cannot find anything wrong. Any help would be very
    appreciated.

  2. RE: One-way ping?

    "BSvK" wrote:

    > I have a WiFi network (AdHoc) connecting two computers. One (Host) runs XP64
    > and has DLS connection to Internet. The other (Client) runs XPHome original
    > (no SP1 or SP2) and connects to Internet via Host. This works fine. When I
    > try to ping Host from Client (ping 168.192.0.1) I get correct response. But
    > when I try to ping Client from Host (ping 168.192.0.2) I get a timeout
    > error. It would seem that Host is not receiving (transmit packet count does
    > increment) but I just cannot find anything wrong. Any help would be very
    > appreciated.

    The numbers look wrong...should be 192.168. etc.

  3. Re: One-way ping?

    "Don Cox" wrote in message

    > "BSvK" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a WiFi network (AdHoc) connecting two computers. One (Host) runs
    >> XP64
    >> and has DLS connection to Internet. The other (Client) runs XPHome
    >> original
    >> (no SP1 or SP2) and connects to Internet via Host. This works fine. When
    >> try to ping Host from Client (ping 168.192.0.1) I get correct response.
    >> But
    >> when I try to ping Client from Host (ping 168.192.0.2) I get a timeout
    >> error. It would seem that Host is not receiving (transmit packet count
    >> does
    >> increment) but I just cannot find anything wrong. Any help would be very
    >> appreciated.

    > The numbers look wrong...should be 192.168. etc.

    Very sorry. It was a typo. I did use 192.168... I also tried to disable
    firewall but the problem persists. I just can not understand how can
    Internet pages get thru the network while pings do not.

+ Reply to Thread