My internet stops and i have to restart PC. Disable-enable not wor - Wireless

This is a discussion on My internet stops and i have to restart PC. Disable-enable not wor - Wireless ; Hello I have Wireless D-Link adapter. After some windows updates long ago, my internet stops after several hours afters the PC is restarted. When i try to "Repair" nothing happens. I cant disable and enable connection. I have to reset ...

  1. My internet stops and i have to restart PC. Disable-enable not wor

    Hello
    I have Wireless D-Link adapter.

    After some windows updates long ago, my internet stops after several hours
    afters the PC is restarted.
    When i try to "Repair" nothing happens. I cant disable and enable
    connection. I have to reset PC, but after it exits windows it hangs i have to
    push the RESET button on my PC case.

    Can someone help me?

    I have tryed to reinstall my windows several times, but it does not work
    It stops transferring data after 5-6 hours

    I have DWL G520+ D-Link AirPlusG+ Adapter - 802.11g 54Mbps

    Thanks!

  2. Re: My internet stops and i have to restart PC. Disable-enable not wor

    Hi
    If the problem keep occurring even after new installation, it means that
    some settings are set incorrectly or that their is compatibility problem
    with the Wireless Card. Look at D-Link Support and upgarde your card with
    the latest firmware and Drivers.
    May be this can Help too, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#sudden
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Dave" wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I have Wireless D-Link adapter.
    >
    > After some windows updates long ago, my internet stops after several hours
    > afters the PC is restarted.
    > When i try to "Repair" nothing happens. I cant disable and enable
    > connection. I have to reset PC, but after it exits windows it hangs i have
    > push the RESET button on my PC case.
    >
    > Can someone help me?
    >
    > I have tryed to reinstall my windows several times, but it does not work
    >
    > It stops transferring data after 5-6 hours
    >
    > I have DWL G520+ D-Link AirPlusG+ Adapter - 802.11g 54Mbps
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: My internet stops and i have to restart PC. Disable-enable not

    Thanks for the reply. The information was useful for me!

    There are no other drivers for my hardware and no newer firmware.
    I used those devices years with no problems. I just dont know what could it
    be...

    However, even after restarting and changing settings (channel and i used to
    have MAC address filtering - now disabled) the problem still exist. It
    happens rarely now but its the same. I have sudden connection halt and i need
    to restart PC to fix it (using the reset button after exited windows).
    Nothing else works (repair function stays on "disabling adapter" for forever).

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > If the problem keep occurring even after new installation, it means that
    > some settings are set incorrectly or that their is compatibility problem
    > with the Wireless Card. Look at D-Link Support and upgarde your card with
    > the latest firmware and Drivers.
    > May be this can Help too, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#sudden
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Dave" wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > > I have Wireless D-Link adapter.
    > >
    > > After some windows updates long ago, my internet stops after several hours
    > > afters the PC is restarted.
    > > When i try to "Repair" nothing happens. I cant disable and enable
    > > connection. I have to reset PC, but after it exits windows it hangs i have
    > > push the RESET button on my PC case.
    > >
    > > Can someone help me?
    > >
    > > I have tryed to reinstall my windows several times, but it does not work
    > >
    > > It stops transferring data after 5-6 hours
    > >
    > > I have DWL G520+ D-Link AirPlusG+ Adapter - 802.11g 54Mbps
    > >
    > > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread