ACCESSING THE INTERNET - Wireless

This is a discussion on ACCESSING THE INTERNET - Wireless ; Every time I turn on my wireless network computer, in order to get on the internet, I have to go to Control Panel/ Network and Internet Connections/ Network Connections/ I then right click on Wireless Network Connections/ left click on ...

  1. ACCESSING THE INTERNET

    Every time I turn on my wireless network computer, in order to get on the
    internet, I have to go to Control Panel/
    Network and Internet Connections/
    Network Connections/
    I then right click on Wireless Network Connections/
    left click on Properties/
    Open the Wireless Network Tab and then check the “Use Windows to configure
    my wireless network settings” box.

    That box does not stay checked, it loses the check mark every time I boot up.

    I have Windows XP Home, Comcast cable, a Linksys modem and a Netgear router
    and wireless adaptor. I have spoken with Netgear techs for several hours and
    they say it is the computer at fault, not the network devices. I have used
    the wireless adaptor on another computer and it works just fine.

    What do I have to do to make sure the “Use Windows to configure my wireless
    network settings” box stays checked?

  2. Re: ACCESSING THE INTERNET

    Hi
    As a first step you have to disable the Netgear Card utility, and make sure
    that Windows Wireless Zero Configuration is on Auto Start.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "ibswag" wrote in message
    > Every time I turn on my wireless network computer, in order to get on the
    > internet, I have to go to Control Panel/
    > Network and Internet Connections/
    > Network Connections/
    > I then right click on Wireless Network Connections/
    > left click on Properties/
    > Open the Wireless Network Tab and then check the "Use Windows to configure
    > my wireless network settings" box.
    >
    > That box does not stay checked, it loses the check mark every time I boot
    > up.
    >
    > I have Windows XP Home, Comcast cable, a Linksys modem and a Netgear
    > router
    > and wireless adaptor. I have spoken with Netgear techs for several hours
    > and
    > they say it is the computer at fault, not the network devices. I have
    > used
    > the wireless adaptor on another computer and it works just fine.
    >
    > What do I have to do to make sure the "Use Windows to configure my
    > wireless
    > network settings" box stays checked?

+ Reply to Thread