Synchronising PC & iPAQ Wirelessly - Wireless

This is a discussion on Synchronising PC & iPAQ Wirelessly - Wireless ; Hi! I have a Netgear DG834GT ADSL Modem Router that is connected to my Windows XP PC by an ethernet cable and I can access the internet just fine. I also have an iPAQ HP4150 running Pocket PC 2003, and ...

  1. Synchronising PC & iPAQ Wirelessly

    Hi!

    I have a Netgear DG834GT ADSL Modem Router that is connected to my Windows
    XP PC by an ethernet cable and I can access the internet just fine.

    I also have an iPAQ HP4150 running Pocket PC 2003, and it too, connects to
    the internet through the Netgear DG834GT, without difficulty using a
    wireless network.

    I've installed a Netgear WG111 Wireless USB Adapter into the PC, and it
    picks up the network.

    I can see both the PC and the iPAQ in the Netgear DG834GT administration
    files.

    Trouble is the iPAQ won't speak to the PC and I can't synchronise the two.
    I'm clearly overlooking something but what? I've checked Firewalls and WEP.

    Any help very much appreciated.

    Andrew

  2. Re: Synchronising PC & iPAQ Wirelessly

    What version of ActiveSync are you running? Have you created a partnership
    between the HP4150 and the PC?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    "Andrew Mawby" wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have a Netgear DG834GT ADSL Modem Router that is connected to my Windows
    > XP PC by an ethernet cable and I can access the internet just fine.
    >
    > I also have an iPAQ HP4150 running Pocket PC 2003, and it too, connects to
    > the internet through the Netgear DG834GT, without difficulty using a
    > wireless network.
    >
    > I've installed a Netgear WG111 Wireless USB Adapter into the PC, and it
    > picks up the network.
    >
    > I can see both the PC and the iPAQ in the Netgear DG834GT administration
    > files.
    >
    > Trouble is the iPAQ won't speak to the PC and I can't synchronise the two.
    > I'm clearly overlooking something but what? I've checked Firewalls and
    > WEP.
    >
    > Any help very much appreciated.
    >
    > Andrew

  3. Re: Synchronising PC & iPAQ Wirelessly

    Hi!

    Yes, if I dock the iPAQ in its cradle it syncs fine. So the partnership is
    ok.

    ActiveSync version 4.2

    I wondered if it is something of a network problem?

    Andrew

    "David Hettel" wrote in message
    > What version of ActiveSync are you running? Have you created a partnership
    > between the HP4150 and the PC?
    >
    > --
    > David Hettel
    >
    > Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group for
    > everyone
    > to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions addressed directly to me
    > in
    > E-mail or news groups.

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    > indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of,
    > or
    > inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post and
    > confers
    > no rights.
    >

    > "Andrew Mawby" wrote in message
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I have a Netgear DG834GT ADSL Modem Router that is connected to my
    >> Windows XP PC by an ethernet cable and I can access the internet just
    >> fine.
    >>
    >> I also have an iPAQ HP4150 running Pocket PC 2003, and it too, connects
    >> to the internet through the Netgear DG834GT, without difficulty using a
    >> wireless network.
    >>
    >> I've installed a Netgear WG111 Wireless USB Adapter into the PC, and it
    >> picks up the network.
    >>
    >> I can see both the PC and the iPAQ in the Netgear DG834GT administration
    >> files.
    >>
    >> Trouble is the iPAQ won't speak to the PC and I can't synchronise the
    >> two. I'm clearly overlooking something but what? I've checked Firewalls
    >> and WEP.
    >>
    >> Any help very much appreciated.
    >>
    >> Andrew

  4. Re: Synchronising PC & iPAQ Wirelessly

    > Hi!
    >
    > Yes, if I dock the iPAQ in its cradle it syncs fine. So the partnership is
    > ok.
    >
    > ActiveSync version 4.2
    >
    > I wondered if it is something of a network problem?
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > "David Hettel" wrote in message
    >> What version of ActiveSync are you running? Have you created a
    >> partnership between the HP4150 and the PC?
    >>
    >> --
    >> David Hettel
    >>
    >> Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group for
    >> everyone
    >> to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions addressed directly to me
    >> in
    >> E-mail or news groups.

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> DISCLAIMER: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranty of any
    >> kind,
    >> either expressed or implied, made in relation to the accuracy,
    >> reliability
    >> or content of this post. The author shall not be liable for any direct,
    >> indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of,
    >> or
    >> inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post and
    >> confers
    >> no rights.
    >>

    >> "Andrew Mawby" wrote in message
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> I have a Netgear DG834GT ADSL Modem Router that is connected to my
    >>> Windows XP PC by an ethernet cable and I can access the internet just
    >>> fine.
    >>>
    >>> I also have an iPAQ HP4150 running Pocket PC 2003, and it too, connects
    >>> to the internet through the Netgear DG834GT, without difficulty using a
    >>> wireless network.
    >>>
    >>> I've installed a Netgear WG111 Wireless USB Adapter into the PC, and it
    >>> picks up the network.
    >>>
    >>> I can see both the PC and the iPAQ in the Netgear DG834GT administration
    >>> files.
    >>>
    >>> Trouble is the iPAQ won't speak to the PC and I can't synchronise the
    >>> two. I'm clearly overlooking something but what? I've checked Firewalls
    >>> and WEP.
    >>>
    >>> Any help very much appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Andrew

    Not sure 4.2 will allow WIFI ActiveSync seem to rember them taking this out
    for security reasons 3.8 dose for sure in ActiveSync look in File
    Connection Setting and see if Allow Network Ethernet Connection is there if
    so tick the box

    Steve

  5. Re: Synchronising PC & iPAQ Wirelessly

    Ah, there is not option to Allow Ethernet; just USB, Bluetooth, Infrared,
    Coms 1 & 2.

    Thanks Steve.

    "Steve" wrote in message

    > "Andrew Mawby" wrote in message
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> Yes, if I dock the iPAQ in its cradle it syncs fine. So the partnership
    >> is ok.
    >>
    >> ActiveSync version 4.2
    >>
    >> I wondered if it is something of a network problem?
    >>
    >> Andrew
    >>
    >> "David Hettel" wrote in message
    >>> What version of ActiveSync are you running? Have you created a
    >>> partnership between the HP4150 and the PC?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> David Hettel
    >>>
    >>> Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group for
    >>> everyone
    >>> to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions addressed directly to
    >>> me in
    >>> E-mail or news groups.
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Program
    >>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>>
    >>> DISCLAIMER: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranty of any
    >>> kind,
    >>> either expressed or implied, made in relation to the accuracy,
    >>> reliability
    >>> or content of this post. The author shall not be liable for any direct,
    >>> indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of,
    >>> or
    >>> inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post and
    >>> confers
    >>> no rights.
    >>>

    >>> "Andrew Mawby" wrote in message

    > Not sure 4.2 will allow WIFI ActiveSync seem to rember them taking this
    > out for security reasons 3.8 dose for sure in ActiveSync look in File
    > Connection Setting and see if Allow Network Ethernet Connection is there
    > if so tick the box
    >

    > Steve

  6. Re: Synchronising PC & iPAQ Wirelessly

    > Ah, there is not option to Allow Ethernet; just USB, Bluetooth, Infrared,
    > Coms 1 & 2.
    >
    > Thanks Steve.
    >
    > "Steve" wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Andrew Mawby" wrote in message
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> Yes, if I dock the iPAQ in its cradle it syncs fine. So the partnership
    >>> is ok.
    >>>
    >>> ActiveSync version 4.2
    >>>
    >>> I wondered if it is something of a network problem?
    >>>
    >>> Andrew
    >>>
    >>> "David Hettel" wrote in message

    >> Not sure 4.2 will allow WIFI ActiveSync seem to rember them taking this
    >> out for security reasons 3.8 dose for sure in ActiveSync look in File
    >> Connection Setting and see if Allow Network Ethernet Connection is there
    >> if so tick the box
    >>

    >> Steve
    >>

    >Can Email 3.8 if you like just take out 123 from in front of email
    >123lucky_one69@hotmail.com

  7. Re: Synchronising PC & iPAQ Wirelessly

    Sorry ActiveSync above 4.x does not support network connections to a local
    PC, you can't sync over the local network to your desktop

    --

+ Reply to Thread