connected but NOT - Wireless

This is a discussion on connected but NOT - Wireless ; hi i am a newbie soplesae go easy! I have a belkin mimo pre-n router and my HP laptop doesnt want to go on the internet. my toshiba laptop is able to go on and all wired computers and voip ...

  1. connected but NOT

    hi i am a newbie soplesae go easy! I have a belkin mimo pre-n router and my
    HP laptop doesnt want to go on the internet. my toshiba laptop is able to go
    on and all wired computers and voip work properly it is just this laptop. I
    have gotten it to see the network it says it is connected but I cannot get on
    the net.... Y? can anyone help?

  2. Re: connected but NOT

    What kind of IP address you getting on the Laptop? Can you ping DHL.com?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    "dannymagoo" wrote in message news:6df82c42828aa@uwe...
    > hi i am a newbie soplesae go easy! I have a belkin mimo pre-n router and
    > my
    > HP laptop doesnt want to go on the internet. my toshiba laptop is able to
    > go
    > on and all wired computers and voip work properly it is just this laptop.
    > have gotten it to see the network it says it is connected but I cannot get
    > on
    > the net.... Y? can anyone help?

  3. Re: connected but NOT

    David Hettel wrote:
    >What kind of IP address you getting on the Laptop? Can you ping DHL.com?
    >
    >> hi i am a newbie soplesae go easy! I have a belkin mimo pre-n router and
    >> my

    >[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
    >> on
    >> the net.... Y? can anyone help?

    I get the correct ip address and it sees and says it is connected to the
    network however it will not go online. hp/compaq nx6110 ip address is the
    same as the main computer....

  4. Re: connected but NOT

    You can not have two devices connected to the same LAN with the same IP
    address. That suggest that you are not using a DHCP server, which suggest
    that your IP address, gateway address, and or DNS server addresses are
    wrong. If you go | Start (menu) | run CMD {Enter} and in the new window ping
    dhl.com {Enter} what do you get?

    --

    "dannymagoo via WindowsKB.com" wrote in message
    > David Hettel wrote:
    >>What kind of IP address you getting on the Laptop? Can you ping DHL.com?
    >>
    >>> hi i am a newbie soplesae go easy! I have a belkin mimo pre-n router and
    >>> my

    >>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
    >>> on
    >>> the net.... Y? can anyone help?

    > I get the correct ip address and it sees and says it is connected to the
    > network however it will not go online. hp/compaq nx6110 ip address is the
    > same as the main computer....
    >
    > --

  5. Re: connected but NOT

    I get a message that says not an internal command or external command I also
    dont think I know what I was doing I followed the directions and really didnt
    know what I was doing please tell me exactly how to ping someone.

    David Hettel wrote:
    >You can not have two devices connected to the same LAN with the same IP
    >address. That suggest that you are not using a DHCP server, which suggest
    >that your IP address, gateway address, and or DNS server addresses are
    >wrong. If you go | Start (menu) | run CMD {Enter} and in the new window ping
    >dhl.com {Enter} what do you get?
    >
    >>>What kind of IP address you getting on the Laptop? Can you ping DHL.com?
    >>>

    >[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
    >> network however it will not go online. hp/compaq nx6110 ip address is the
    >> same as the main computer....

  6. Re: connected but NOT

    We have a break down in commutations, you are failing to supply enough
    information to determine where the failure is occurring.

    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\Users\DH>ping dhl.com

    Pinging dhl.com [199.41.238.47] with 32 bytes of data:

    Ping statistics for 199.41.238.47:

    C:\Users\DH>

    --

    >I get a message that says not an internal command or external command I
    >also
    > dont think I know what I was doing I followed the directions and really
    > didnt
    > know what I was doing please tell me exactly how to ping someone.
    >
    > David Hettel wrote:
    >>You can not have two devices connected to the same LAN with the same IP
    >>address. That suggest that you are not using a DHCP server, which suggest
    >>that your IP address, gateway address, and or DNS server addresses are
    >>wrong. If you go | Start (menu) | run CMD {Enter} and in the new window
    >>ping
    >>dhl.com {Enter} what do you get?

    >>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
    >>> network however it will not go online. hp/compaq nx6110 ip address is
    >>> the
    >>> same as the main computer....

    > --

  7. Re: connected but NOT

    I tried to ping and got nothing the computer doesnt recognize command.
    pinging the dns didnt work either.