Can't search for wireless networks - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can't search for wireless networks - Wireless ; My laptop does not search for wireless networks. I had it on my wireless network at home for a couple weeks, and then today when I started it up, the icons for the wireless internet connection (down by the clock) ...

  1. Can't search for wireless networks

    My laptop does not search for wireless networks. I had it on my wireless
    network at home for a couple weeks, and then today when I started it up, the
    icons for the wireless internet connection (down by the clock) didn't appear.
    When I go to Network connections I don't even have the option to view
    available wireless network connections anymore. According to the
    devicemanager the networkadapter is working properly. Any help is
    appreciated.

  2. Re: Can't search for wireless networks

    Hi
    If it is just a matter of disappearing Icon then.
    Right click on the Local Network Connection icon, and choose properties.
    It should look like this. http://www.ezlan.net/example/tcp.jpg
    Otherwise, you started very good by looking at the device Manager, keep
    further in the process until you find what is set incorrectly.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "67BuggyBoy" <67BuggyBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My laptop does not search for wireless networks. I had it on my wireless
    > network at home for a couple weeks, and then today when I started it up,
    > the
    > icons for the wireless internet connection (down by the clock) didn't
    > appear.
    > When I go to Network connections I don't even have the option to view
    > available wireless network connections anymore. According to the
    > devicemanager the networkadapter is working properly. Any help is
    > appreciated.

  3. RE: Can't search for wireless networks

    Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I am having the same
    problem, and the response from "Jack" has not helped me resolve it. Please
    let me know how you figured this one out. When I got to "Network
    Connection", there is no option for "Wireless Connections" at all, nor does
    it show bottom right. I took some programs off my computer a few days ago,
    and may have removed something essential, so I need to figure out what to
    re-install. I can't do a system restore. Thanks for the info!

    "67BuggyBoy" wrote:

    > My laptop does not search for wireless networks. I had it on my wireless
    > network at home for a couple weeks, and then today when I started it up, the
    > icons for the wireless internet connection (down by the clock) didn't appear.
    > When I go to Network connections I don't even have the option to view
    > available wireless network connections anymore. According to the
    > devicemanager the networkadapter is working properly. Any help is
    > appreciated.

  4. RE: Can't search for wireless networks

    I think I can help. I have had similiar problems. Click on 'start' then 'run'
    type in " %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s " A list will appear
    scroll down to 'wireless zero configuration utility check to see if it
    stopped,if it has click 'start' in that box. Close box .
    Go to bottom of screen and click on 'start' then click on 'connect to...' on
    the menu and select 'show all connections'. You should see your connections
    there. Right click the one that says "wireless network connection' then
    select 'properties'. A box will now open and there should now be a tab named
    'wireless network' After you click this you should see a box 'use windows to
    configure my network connections' check that box. You should now see your
    icon and it will try to acquire your address, next you can connect to your
    network if not automatic. I hope this is a help. Post please your feedback.

    Dano

    "HiBethany" wrote:

    > Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I am having the same
    > problem, and the response from "Jack" has not helped me resolve it. Please
    > let me know how you figured this one out. When I got to "Network
    > Connection", there is no option for "Wireless Connections" at all, nor does
    > it show bottom right. I took some programs off my computer a few days ago,
    > and may have removed something essential, so I need to figure out what to
    > re-install. I can't do a system restore. Thanks for the info!
    >
    > "67BuggyBoy" wrote:
    >
    > > My laptop does not search for wireless networks. I had it on my wireless
    > > network at home for a couple weeks, and then today when I started it up, the
    > > icons for the wireless internet connection (down by the clock) didn't appear.
    > > When I go to Network connections I don't even have the option to view
    > > available wireless network connections anymore. According to the
    > > devicemanager the networkadapter is working properly. Any help is
    > > appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread