wireless adapter/driver working, but no pages available - Wireless

This is a discussion on wireless adapter/driver working, but no pages available - Wireless ; My hard drive was damaged, so I had a new one installed. Last night I reinstaled my XP. I cabled into my wireless router and downloaded the driver for my internal wireless adapter. I launched it, selected my home network ...

  1. wireless adapter/driver working, but no pages available

    My hard drive was damaged, so I had a new one installed. Last night I
    reinstaled my XP. I cabled into my wireless router and downloaded the driver
    for my internal wireless adapter. I launched it, selected my home network and
    connected. It looked great and said that it had Excellent strength and was
    running at 54.0 Mbps. Sounds good. But when I go to open IE, I get a screen
    indicating that I'm not connected. If I plug the cable back in, though. It
    works. What do I do to use my wireless?

  2. Re: wireless adapter/driver working, but no pages available

    "Wiley" wrote in message
    > My hard drive was damaged, so I had a new one installed. Last night I
    > reinstaled my XP. I cabled into my wireless router and downloaded the
    > driver
    > for my internal wireless adapter. I launched it, selected my home network
    > and
    > connected. It looked great and said that it had Excellent strength and was
    > running at 54.0 Mbps. Sounds good. But when I go to open IE, I get a
    > screen
    > indicating that I'm not connected. If I plug the cable back in, though. It
    > works. What do I do to use my wireless?

    Sometimes wireless works fine, and sometimes it doesn't.

    Try adjusting the antennas on the router.

    Jim

  3. Re: wireless adapter/driver working, but no pages available

    This doesn't help. As I said in my post, I have "excellent" signal strength
    and the properties show that it is connected at 54 Mbps.

    "Jim" wrote:

    > "Wiley" wrote in message
    > > My hard drive was damaged, so I had a new one installed. Last night I
    > > reinstaled my XP. I cabled into my wireless router and downloaded the
    > > driver
    > > for my internal wireless adapter. I launched it, selected my home network
    > > and
    > > connected. It looked great and said that it had Excellent strength and was
    > > running at 54.0 Mbps. Sounds good. But when I go to open IE, I get a
    > > screen
    > > indicating that I'm not connected. If I plug the cable back in, though. It
    > > works. What do I do to use my wireless?

    > Sometimes wireless works fine, and sometimes it doesn't.
    >
    > Try adjusting the antennas on the router.
    >
    > Jim

  4. Re: wireless adapter/driver working, but no pages available

    Wiley wrote:
    > This doesn't help. As I said in my post, I have "excellent" signal strength
    > and the properties show that it is connected at 54 Mbps.
    >
    > "Jim" wrote:
    >
    >> "Wiley" wrote in message
    >>> My hard drive was damaged, so I had a new one installed. Last night I
    >>> reinstaled my XP. I cabled into my wireless router and downloaded the
    >>> driver
    >>> for my internal wireless adapter. I launched it, selected my home network
    >>> and
    >>> connected. It looked great and said that it had Excellent strength and was
    >>> running at 54.0 Mbps. Sounds good. But when I go to open IE, I get a
    >>> screen
    >>> indicating that I'm not connected. If I plug the cable back in, though. It
    >>> works. What do I do to use my wireless?

    >> Sometimes wireless works fine, and sometimes it doesn't.
    >>
    >> Try adjusting the antennas on the router.
    >>
    >> Jim

    Is there a firewall on the wireless adapter connection?

    Can you "view wireless networks" and if so, does yours show as secured
    or unsecured? If secured, connect the cable to the router and turn off
    your encryption. Then try to connect. If all OK, then re-setup encryption.

  5. Re: wireless adapter/driver working, but no pages available

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Wireless, Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html\
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Wiley" wrote in message
    > My hard drive was damaged, so I had a new one installed. Last night I
    > reinstaled my XP. I cabled into my wireless router and downloaded the
    > driver
    > for my internal wireless adapter. I launched it, selected my home network
    > and
    > connected. It looked great and said that it had Excellent strength and was
    > running at 54.0 Mbps. Sounds good. But when I go to open IE, I get a
    > screen
    > indicating that I'm not connected. If I plug the cable back in, though. It
    > works. What do I do to use my wireless?

+ Reply to Thread