THE NETWORK PATH WAS NOT FOUND - Wireless

This is a discussion on THE NETWORK PATH WAS NOT FOUND - Wireless ; Every time I log on with the wireless switch flicked on I can browse files on my other computers via a mapped network drive. However randomly it will disconnect for no reason. Any help please to sort this problem out. ...

  1. THE NETWORK PATH WAS NOT FOUND

    Every time I log on with the wireless switch flicked on I can browse
    files on my other computers via a mapped network drive. However
    randomly it will disconnect for no reason. Any help please to sort
    this problem out. Windows XP Home edition on laptop and desktop,
    Linksys router.

  2. Re: THE NETWORK PATH WAS NOT FOUND

    "mg07" wrote in message
    news:1171663872.830008.322100@s48g2000cws.googlegr oups.com...
    > Every time I log on with the wireless switch flicked on I can browse
    > files on my other computers via a mapped network drive. However
    > randomly it will disconnect for no reason. Any help please to sort
    > this problem out. Windows XP Home edition on laptop and desktop,
    > Linksys router.

    Isn't this a symptom of a weak signal? If so, you are at the ragged edge
    of the range of the wireless signal.
    Don't tell me that you are very close. I have seen this happen when the
    router and the computer were no more that 5 feet apart.

    You can try moving the router antennas, and that may help.

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread