Permissions in workgroup - Wireless

This is a discussion on Permissions in workgroup - Wireless ; Hi all I have a small workgroup, two Vista, one Win-XP-Pro. The workgroup setup permits any computer to see all the others but either won't allow opening of a mapped drive says that there are incorrect permissions. I've checked and ...

  1. Permissions in workgroup

    Hi all
    I have a small workgroup, two Vista, one Win-XP-Pro. The workgroup setup
    permits any computer to see all the others but either won't allow opening of
    a mapped drive says that there are incorrect permissions. I've checked and
    all permissions look AOK. I've done all the usual stuff viz users on all
    computers etc. Can anyone please throw light on this - its very
    frustrating !! (not the only Vista thing that is..!!)
    Jim McDonald

  2. Re: Permissions in workgroup

    Firewalls?

    What "usual stuff" have you done?

    Same problem Vista->XP and XP->Vista? Or different?

    Home or Pro XP? Home or Biz/Ult Vista?

    -Frank

    "Jim McDonald" wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > I have a small workgroup, two Vista, one Win-XP-Pro. The workgroup setup
    > permits any computer to see all the others but either won't allow opening
    > of a mapped drive says that there are incorrect permissions. I've checked
    > and all permissions look AOK. I've done all the usual stuff viz users on
    > all computers etc. Can anyone please throw light on this - its very
    > frustrating !! (not the only Vista thing that is..!!)
    > Jim McDonald

+ Reply to Thread