is my wireless card compatible? - Wireless

This is a discussion on is my wireless card compatible? - Wireless ; I just recently set up a wireless network for my internet connection. My computer works fine - I can connect to the internet, and everything works quickly with no problems. However, my roommates computer is having problems with the network. ...

  1. is my wireless card compatible?

    I just recently set up a wireless network for my internet connection. My
    computer works fine - I can connect to the internet, and everything works
    quickly with no problems. However, my roommates computer is having problems
    with the network. At first, she could connect to it, but it was EXTREMELY
    slow and basically pointless. Lately, she hasn't been able to connect at all.
    Everything is fine with the WEP key and her computers wireless settings are
    set up identically as mine. She has a different wireless card than me, so I'm
    wondering if that is the problem? She can connect to other wireless networks,
    just not ours.

  2. Re: is my wireless card compatible?

    Hi
    This could be a WEP issue. When she connects to other network she probably
    do not use a WEP key.
    Different cards sometime do not produce the same key from the same
    passphrase.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#wep
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "dcjp" wrote in message
    >I just recently set up a wireless network for my internet connection. My
    > computer works fine - I can connect to the internet, and everything works
    > quickly with no problems. However, my roommates computer is having
    > problems
    > with the network. At first, she could connect to it, but it was EXTREMELY
    > slow and basically pointless. Lately, she hasn't been able to connect at
    > all.
    > Everything is fine with the WEP key and her computers wireless settings
    > are
    > set up identically as mine. She has a different wireless card than me, so
    > I'm
    > wondering if that is the problem? She can connect to other wireless
    > networks,
    > just not ours.

+ Reply to Thread