can i access recored stuff on my home pc over my vpn network - Wireless

This is a discussion on can i access recored stuff on my home pc over my vpn network - Wireless ; i am hooking up a vpn from my home cpu to my other labtop that i travel with. is there a way i can records my shows on my media center at my house cpu and watch my shows via ...

  1. can i access recored stuff on my home pc over my vpn network

    i am hooking up a vpn from my home cpu to my other labtop that i travel with.
    is there a way i can records my shows on my media center at my house cpu and
    watch my shows via vpn on my other labtops over the network.

  2. Re: can i access recored stuff on my home pc over my vpn network

    Hi
    Technically some thing like this can be done.

    Howvever taking into consideration the reduce Upload (traffic from your
    computer to the Internet) of End-User Internet connection, and that it might
    be against you Internet Provider Terms of Service, it might not be a
    functional idea.

    In principle its entails saving the recorded shows in a format that allow
    easy streaming (like Flash or MOV), installing streaming server application,
    and connecting to the server through the Internet to see the recorded files.

    Sorry, but explaining the process in details his too long for a Newsgroup,
    which leaves you with a lot to learn on your own.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Louis" wrote in message
    >i am hooking up a vpn from my home cpu to my other labtop that i travel
    >with.
    > is there a way i can records my shows on my media center at my house cpu
    > and
    > watch my shows via vpn on my other labtops over the network.

  3. Re: can i access recored stuff on my home pc over my vpn network

    You might look into something like Slingbox...

    "Louis" wrote in message
    > i am hooking up a vpn from my home cpu to my other labtop that i travel

    with.
    > is there a way i can records my shows on my media center at my house cpu

    and
    > watch my shows via vpn on my other labtops over the network.

+ Reply to Thread