two laptops with Wi-Fi can network? - Wireless

This is a discussion on two laptops with Wi-Fi can network? - Wireless ; Trying to share my internet connection -a Verizon WWAN broadband (PC Card) with another laptop. I finally got them connected, but no file sharing or ICS. Is this even possible?...

  1. two laptops with Wi-Fi can network?

    Trying to share my internet connection -a Verizon WWAN broadband (PC Card)
    with another laptop. I finally got them connected, but no file sharing or
    ICS.
    Is this even possible?

  2. Re: two laptops with Wi-Fi can network?

    Hi
    Many people report that sharing this type of service does not work, and that
    it might "anger" Verizon.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "venturian" wrote in message
    news89BEA02-4997-41E2-9AFB-C20590F8FCCD@microsoft.com...
    > Trying to share my internet connection -a Verizon WWAN broadband (PC Card)
    > with another laptop. I finally got them connected, but no file sharing or
    > ICS.
    > Is this even possible?

  3. Re: two laptops with Wi-Fi can network?

    As Jack suggested - not all ISPs permit connection sharing some permit
    "hybrid" sharing in that only one of the computers can be connected at a
    time.
    Also you have posted nil about steps you have taken to "activate" ICS.

    "venturian" wrote in message
    news89BEA02-4997-41E2-9AFB-C20590F8FCCD@microsoft.com...
    > Trying to share my internet connection -a Verizon WWAN broadband (PC Card)
    > with another laptop. I finally got them connected, but no file sharing or
    > ICS.
    > Is this even possible?

+ Reply to Thread