Networking Windows XP with Windows Vista - Wireless

This is a discussion on Networking Windows XP with Windows Vista - Wireless ; I have a Dell Inspiron Notebook with Windows Vista and a HP Pavilion Intel Celeron with Windows XP. I have been able to share a DSL internet connection over a wireless network. I can not figure out how to share ...

  1. Networking Windows XP with Windows Vista

    I have a Dell Inspiron Notebook with Windows Vista and a HP Pavilion Intel
    Celeron with Windows XP. I have been able to share a DSL internet connection
    over a wireless network. I can not figure out how to share files and a
    printer that is connected to the Desktop. I use the Network Setup Wizard and
    it asks me to insert a floppy disk in the Desktop and then the notebook to
    create a shared network. Well, I have no floppy disk drive on my notebook.

    How do I configure my network so I can access all my files and my printer on
    my desktop from my Dell Notebook?

    Thanks! This wireless networking has been so frustrating!

  2. Re: Networking Windows XP with Windows Vista

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Advanced XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Crystal Candle" wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Inspiron Notebook with Windows Vista and a HP Pavilion Intel
    > Celeron with Windows XP. I have been able to share a DSL internet
    > connection
    > over a wireless network. I can not figure out how to share files and a
    > printer that is connected to the Desktop. I use the Network Setup Wizard
    > and
    > it asks me to insert a floppy disk in the Desktop and then the notebook to
    > create a shared network. Well, I have no floppy disk drive on my notebook.
    >
    > How do I configure my network so I can access all my files and my printer
    > on
    > my desktop from my Dell Notebook?
    >
    > Thanks! This wireless networking has been so frustrating!

  3. Re: Networking Windows XP with Windows Vista

    I have simular problem.
    I have followed all the procedures I believe. I have two wired desk tops
    and one wireless lap top in the network. The desk tops see each other and I
    can see the lap top as a workgroup computer. Even though the file/printer
    sharing is on, I can not see any files from the lap top while in the desk top.

    When in the lap top I can not see either of the desk tops.

    Which setting must I concentrate on reconfiguring?

    Last summer I had a lap top that did work but now that specific lap top also
    will not communicate with the desk tops.

    All computers can access the internet fine through the router to the USP
    provider.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    > As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what is allowed
    > to be shared.
    > Basic XP -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
    > Advanced XP -
    > Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Crystal Candle" wrote in message
    > >I have a Dell Inspiron Notebook with Windows Vista and a HP Pavilion Intel
    > > Celeron with Windows XP. I have been able to share a DSL internet
    > > connection
    > > over a wireless network. I can not figure out how to share files and a
    > > printer that is connected to the Desktop. I use the Network Setup Wizard
    > > and
    > > it asks me to insert a floppy disk in the Desktop and then the notebook to
    > > create a shared network. Well, I have no floppy disk drive on my notebook.
    > >
    > > How do I configure my network so I can access all my files and my printer
    > > on
    > > my desktop from my Dell Notebook?
    > >
    > > Thanks! This wireless networking has been so frustrating!

+ Reply to Thread