D-Link causing digital noise in audio<1167321081.936817.198740@42g2000cwt.googlegr oups.com> - Wireless

This is a discussion on D-Link causing digital noise in audio<1167321081.936817.198740@42g2000cwt.googlegr oups.com> - Wireless ; Hi, I read your post, which confirmed my suspicions about my own DWA-142. Ever since I upgraded to 802.11n (including that adapter) then my audio has experienced the exact symptoms that you describe. I've used two different sound cards (including ...

  1. D-Link causing digital noise in audio<1167321081.936817.198740@42g2000cwt.googlegr oups.com>

    Hi,

    I read your post, which confirmed my suspicions about my own DWA-142. Ever since I upgraded to 802.11n (including that adapter) then my audio has experienced the exact symptoms that you describe. I've used two different sound cards (including a fairly high-end Audigy 2 card) and different playback programs. Disabling the device in my system did make the problem go away.

    So...I suppose we just have to wait for updated drivers?

    Any progress on your end?

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

  2. Re: D-Link causing digital noise in audio

    On Feb 14, 5:10 pm, Steven wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I read your post, which confirmed my suspicions about my own DWA-142. Ever since I upgraded to 802.11n (including that adapter) then my audio has experienced the exact symptoms that you describe. I've used two different sound cards (including a fairly high-end Audigy 2 card) and different playback programs. Disabling the device in my system did make the problem go away.
    >
    > So...I suppose we just have to wait for updated drivers?
    >
    > Any progress on your end?
    >
    > EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choicehttp://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Hey there,

    I am having a similar problem. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate
    and when I use Media Center and have my DWA142 plugged in Media Center
    tends to skip fairly frequently. If i unplug it Media Center is
    fine. The card works fine to transfer file and surf the web. I am
    using the XP driver in Vista currently. I was just on the DLINK FTP
    site and there was a driver released today. I am not sure if it is a
    Vista driver or not, but I am going to give it a try and will let you
    know.

    Here is a link to the drivers:
    ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/dwa142/Drivers

    Will keep you posted.
    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread