Connected but not receiving packets - Wireless

This is a discussion on Connected but not receiving packets - Wireless ; My wireless connection had been working fine for months and then one night it went down on me. Now when I start my computer it says that I am connected to my router and I can send packets but I ...

  1. Connected but not receiving packets

    My wireless connection had been working fine for months and then one night it
    went down on me. Now when I start my computer it says that I am connected to
    my router and I can send packets but I can not recieve them. When I start
    IE7.0 it attempts to connect with my homepage but nothing comes up (not even
    the page telling me it can't connect). I have checked my TCP/IP settings and
    they are set to auto. Even when I disable the wireless connection and plug
    in directly to the router I can not connect. I've uninstalled and
    reinstalled my wireless card and that did nothing. Also, my VirusScan
    (McAfee) crashes when I try to start it. Any help would be GREATLY
    appreciated! Thank you.

  2. RE: Connected but not receiving packets

    It appears I was able to solve my own problem after searching for my ping
    error message. When I pinged the ip address I was getting this error
    message: "PING: transmit failed, error code 5." The solution was easy once I
    found out about it...simply uninstalling McAfee. If you are unable to
    uninstall through the control panel go to:
    http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/displaydoc....egoryId=106137

    Hope this helps someone else...

    "mismith5" wrote:

    > My wireless connection had been working fine for months and then one night it
    > went down on me. Now when I start my computer it says that I am connected to
    > my router and I can send packets but I can not recieve them. When I start
    > IE7.0 it attempts to connect with my homepage but nothing comes up (not even
    > the page telling me it can't connect). I have checked my TCP/IP settings and
    > they are set to auto. Even when I disable the wireless connection and plug
    > in directly to the router I can not connect. I've uninstalled and
    > reinstalled my wireless card and that did nothing. Also, my VirusScan
    > (McAfee) crashes when I try to start it. Any help would be GREATLY
    > appreciated! Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread