internet connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on internet connection - Wireless ; My computer is trying to go to dial-up instead of using wireless. It is saying that the wireless is connected, but the internet browser does not work. How can this be remedied?...

  1. internet connection

    My computer is trying to go to dial-up instead of using wireless. It is
    saying that the wireless is connected, but the internet browser does not
    work. How can this be remedied?

  2. Re: internet connection

    On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:53:01 -0800, HelpBeth
    wrote:
    >My computer is trying to go to dial-up instead of using wireless. It is
    >saying that the wireless is connected, but the internet browser does not
    >work. How can this be remedied?

    In Internet Explorer there is an option (can't remember where,
    you will have to look) that has an "always dial" box which is
    checked by default... uncheck

  3. Re: internet connection

    >On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:53:01 -0800, HelpBeth
    > wrote:
    >>My computer is trying to go to dial-up instead of using wireless. It is
    >>saying that the wireless is connected, but the internet browser does not
    >>work. How can this be remedied?

    >In Internet Explorer there is an option (can't remember where,
    >you will have to look) that has an "always dial" box which is
    >checked by default... uncheck

    Tools -- Internet Options -- Connections

  4. Re: internet connection

    "John Thomas Smith" wrote:

    > On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:53:01 -0800, HelpBeth
    > wrote:
    > >My computer is trying to go to dial-up instead of using wireless. It is
    > >saying that the wireless is connected, but the internet browser does not
    > >work. How can this be remedied?

    In Internet Explorer there is an option (can't remember where,
    you will have to look) that has an "always dial" box which is
    checked by default... uncheck

    1= Click start >> Control Panel >> Double Click Network and Internet
    Connections >> Double click Internet Options, on the IE Properties window
    you will see these Options:
    General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs
    | Advanced .

    Click Connections Tab and Be sure there is not any old connection there been
    set as Default connection.
    and you will find the Option John mentioned.
    Be sure you are not clicking the bluetooth Icon that can cause the issue if
    you got confused with the wireless Icon (two monitors).

  5. Re: internet connection

    Hi
    Do as suggested above and tune the Metrics.
    Put lower metrics to the Wireless.
    http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "HelpBeth" wrote in message
    > My computer is trying to go to dial-up instead of using wireless. It is
    > saying that the wireless is connected, but the internet browser does not
    > work. How can this be remedied?

+ Reply to Thread