adapter USB - Wireless

This is a discussion on adapter USB - Wireless ; Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I am using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has an internal adaptor which is great and picks up a lot ...

  1. adapter USB

    Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I am
    using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has an internal
    adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the belkin
    Thanks John

  2. RE: adapter USB

    "John Scott" wrote:

    > Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I am
    > using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has an internal
    > adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the belkin
    > Thanks John

    Hi John,
    Are you using the Belkin Utility to manage the wireless or the windows
    Wireless Zero Configuration?.
    If you are using the Belkin Utility then Disable the WZC from starting, to
    do that follow this;
    Open a run command and type in:
    services.msc click [OK].
    On services Control panel scroll down till the Windows Wireless Zero
    Configuration and disable it, also if the belkin running the service be sure
    it is starting Automatically.

    If the opposite then Be sure the WZC is starting Automatically, I think
    your wireless can't maintain a consistent connection .
    HTH.
    Let us know.
    Regards,
    nass
    ------
    www.nasstec.co.uk

  3. Re: adapter USB

    On 12-Feb-2007, "John Scott" wrote:

    > Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I am
    > using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has an internal
    > adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the belkin
    > Thanks John

    I tried several, D-Link in particular a dead loss, a WealNet
    one 9.99 on eBay fantastic, but seems the business has changed
    hands and they aren't around any more.
    But it is ZyDas chipset based and I think you can still get ZyDas
    based adapters.
    Just Google for zydas, seems their USB wireless adapters are
    popular because of their Linux support, although I'm XP.

  4. Re: adapter USB

    Hi
    Adding to nass's good point.
    1. Make sure that the Powersaving in the Card's properties is disables.
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
    2. If it is a USB is a thumb type that is plugged directly to the back of
    the case, buy an A to A USB extension cable and try to put the card above
    the system to allow clear reception.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "John Scott" wrote in message
    > Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I am
    > using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has an
    > internal
    > adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the belkin
    > Thanks John

  5. Re: adapter USB (Nass)

    Thanks for the reply,Nass, all working fine now
    Cheers John
    "nass" wrote in message

    > "John Scott" wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I am
    >> using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has an
    >> internal
    >> adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the belkin
    >> Thanks John

    > Hi John,
    > Are you using the Belkin Utility to manage the wireless or the windows
    > Wireless Zero Configuration?.
    > If you are using the Belkin Utility then Disable the WZC from starting, to
    > do that follow this;
    > Open a run command and type in:
    > services.msc click [OK].
    > On services Control panel scroll down till the Windows Wireless Zero
    > Configuration and disable it, also if the belkin running the service be
    > sure
    > it is starting Automatically.
    >
    > If the opposite then Be sure the WZC is starting Automatically, I think
    > your wireless can't maintain a consistent connection .
    > HTH.
    > Let us know.
    > Regards,
    > nass
    > ------
    > www.nasstec.co.uk

  6. Re: adapter USB (Nass)

    You are welcome John, and thanks for the feedback.
    Good luck.
    Regards,
    nass
    "John Scott" wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply,Nass, all working fine now
    > Cheers John
    > "nass" wrote in message
    > >

    > > "John Scott" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I am
    > >> using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has an
    > >> internal
    > >> adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the belkin
    > >> Thanks John

    > > Hi John,
    > > Are you using the Belkin Utility to manage the wireless or the windows
    > > Wireless Zero Configuration?.
    > > If you are using the Belkin Utility then Disable the WZC from starting, to
    > > do that follow this;
    > > Open a run command and type in:
    > > services.msc click [OK].
    > > On services Control panel scroll down till the Windows Wireless Zero
    > > Configuration and disable it, also if the belkin running the service be
    > > sure
    > > it is starting Automatically.
    > >
    > > If the opposite then Be sure the WZC is starting Automatically, I think
    > > your wireless can't maintain a consistent connection .
    > > HTH.
    > > Let us know.
    > > Regards,
    > > nass