laptop and pc not seeing each other - Wireless

This is a discussion on laptop and pc not seeing each other - Wireless ; I have seen a reply to a thread that says "enable netbui" How is this done?...

  1. laptop and pc not seeing each other

    I have seen a reply to a thread that says "enable netbui" How is this done?

  2. Re: laptop and pc not seeing each other

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Adding NetBEUI as Sharing Protocol in WinXP:
    http://www.ezlan.net/netbeui.html
    In general about Sharing, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "scouser DG" scouserDG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have seen a reply to a thread that says "enable netbui" How is this done?

  3. Re: laptop and pc not seeing each other

    I suspect you mean enable NetBIOS. This affects browsing the network.
    (NetBEUI is an obsolete protocol rarely used with Windows XP.)

    Control Panel / Network Connections. Right click on connection and select
    properties. Click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.
    Click Advanced. Select WINS Tab. Under NetBIOS setting select "Enable
    NetBIOS over TCP".
    --

    "scouser DG" wrote in message
    >I have seen a reply to a thread that says "enable netbui" How is this done?

+ Reply to Thread