printer and file sharing - Wireless

This is a discussion on printer and file sharing - Wireless ; This is going to sound really dumb, but 12 months ago I got a laptop and set up a wireless network to browse the net from the laptop. I cannot print from the laptop and the only thing showing on ...

  1. printer and file sharing

    This is going to sound really dumb, but 12 months ago I got a laptop and set
    up a wireless network to browse the net from the laptop. I cannot print from
    the laptop and the only thing showing on network places in the laptop are
    shared docs. on the laptop. Where have I gone wrong and how do I link the 2
    computers ? I have enabled file and printer sharing but still nothing.

  2. Re: printer and file sharing

    Well it sounds like a fire wall issue to me, are you running more than just
    windows firewall?

    This page may help; http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html Please read the
    section that covers the OS you are using.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    "scouser DG" wrote in message
    > This is going to sound really dumb, but 12 months ago I got a laptop and
    > set
    > up a wireless network to browse the net from the laptop. I cannot print
    > from
    > the laptop and the only thing showing on network places in the laptop are
    > shared docs. on the laptop. Where have I gone wrong and how do I link the
    > 2
    > computers ? I have enabled file and printer sharing but still nothing.

+ Reply to Thread