Service name WSCSVC failes to start - Wireless

This is a discussion on Service name WSCSVC failes to start - Wireless ; Hi. I have installed 4 identical computers with WinXP with all service packs. For some reason one of the services do not starts even it is configured to start automaticly.. It is the following service:Wireless Zero Configuration (Service name WSCSVC) ...

  1. Service name WSCSVC failes to start

    Hi.
    I have installed 4 identical computers with WinXP with all service packs.
    For some reason one of the services do not starts even it is configured to
    start automaticly..
    It is the following service:Wireless Zero Configuration (Service name
    WSCSVC)

    The log file create the following error:
    "The service cannot be started. either because it is disabled or because it
    has no eneabled devices associated wiht it."

    The problem is that the built in WiFi card is enablet and function when I
    have manually started the service.

    Any particular reason this is happening? How can I be fix this problem?

    Thank you in advance.

    Dag N

  2. RE: Service name WSCSVC failes to start

    "Dag N" wrote:

    > Hi.
    > I have installed 4 identical computers with WinXP with all service packs.
    > For some reason one of the services do not starts even it is configured to
    > start automaticly..
    > It is the following service:Wireless Zero Configuration (Service name
    > WSCSVC)
    >
    > The log file create the following error:
    > "The service cannot be started. either because it is disabled or because it
    > has no eneabled devices associated wiht it."
    >
    > The problem is that the built in WiFi card is enablet and function when I
    > have manually started the service.
    >
    > Any particular reason this is happening? How can I be fix this problem?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Dag N

    Try this:
    Open a Run Command and type in:
    services.msc click [OK].
    On the services control Panel scroll down to Windows Zero Wireless
    configuration and Be sure the service to start Automatically instead of
    manually.
    Click Ok then close the services control panel window and Reboot and see if
    the service will hold it's settings to Auto.
    If not then try this Key in the Registry:
    Open Run and type in:
    regedit.exe click OK and on the Registry Editor Locate this key and change
    the value in the Right Pane/window to (2):
    [-]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\WZCSVC =

    [ON]Start REG_DWORD 0x00000002 (2)

    [-]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\wscsvc =

    ON]Start REG_DWORD 0x00000004 (4)

    Also do you have a Wireless Utility that Handle the wireless connection as
    some built-in can have this Capability from some Vendor so try to look for
    it and Disable it and Let Windows Configure it for you or Vice Versa.
    HTH.
    Regards,
    nass
    ------------
    www.nasstec.co.uk

  3. Re: Service name WSCSVC failes to start

    Hi again.
    I have narrow down the problem to be wzcsvc.dll file with Ver.
    5.1.2600.2658 that is causing problems.
    How can I change the file with wzcsvc.dll file is 5.1.2600.2180
    Is there other files that also needs to be changed?

    Dag N

    Looking forward to hearing from you,

    "Dag N" wrote in message
    > Hi.
    > I have installed 4 identical computers with WinXP with all service packs.
    > For some reason one of the services do not starts even it is configured to
    > start automaticly..
    > It is the following service:Wireless Zero Configuration (Service name
    > WSCSVC)
    >
    > The log file create the following error:
    > "The service cannot be started. either because it is disabled or because
    > it
    > has no eneabled devices associated wiht it."
    >
    > The problem is that the built in WiFi card is enablet and function when I
    > have manually started the service.
    >
    > Any particular reason this is happening? How can I be fix this problem?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Dag N

+ Reply to Thread