WLAN on vista - Wireless

This is a discussion on WLAN on vista - Wireless ; Hi, All off a sudden my WLAN stopped working on one of my laptops (L1) for a specific network, I see some networks but not the ones I'm supposed to see. (wlan is working fine on this laptop (L2) I'm ...

  1. WLAN on vista

    Hi,

    All off a sudden my WLAN stopped working on one of my laptops (L1) for
    a specific network, I see some networks but not the ones I'm supposed
    to see. (wlan is working fine on this laptop (L2) I'm on now). The
    laptop I'm on now (L2) show's about 5 networks a apposed to 1 on the
    other laptop (L1). Things get really weird because on antother
    location I can connect with the other laptop (L1) to a WLAN network
    without any problems. It just refuses to see some networks (and it's
    not in blocked or filter lists). I'm at a loss here

    So far the only thing that seems weird is message ERROR: "Function
    WlanQueryInterface returns 5023" when I run "netsh wlan show all"

    Does this ring a bell to any of you ?

    Greetz,

    Justin

  2. RE: WLAN on vista

    "j.sjouw@hotmail.com" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > All off a sudden my WLAN stopped working on one of my laptops (L1) for
    > a specific network, I see some networks but not the ones I'm supposed
    > to see. (wlan is working fine on this laptop (L2) I'm on now). The
    > laptop I'm on now (L2) show's about 5 networks a apposed to 1 on the
    > other laptop (L1). Things get really weird because on antother
    > location I can connect with the other laptop (L1) to a WLAN network
    > without any problems. It just refuses to see some networks (and it's
    > not in blocked or filter lists). I'm at a loss here
    >
    > So far the only thing that seems weird is message ERROR: "Function
    > WlanQueryInterface returns 5023" when I run "netsh wlan show all"
    >
    > Does this ring a bell to any of you ?

    1. Try to disable and then enable your WLAN device in the device manager.

    2. Check if APs you don't see on L1 are set for same band (A/G+B/G only)
    and channel, and that your WLAN card can use this band and channel
    ( look in advanced properties of the netcard).

    --PA

  3. Re: WLAN on vista

    1. Tried that, no effect, I even installed the original driver again
    without effect

    2. I enabled all the bands and channels I can enable but no effect.

    I do have some wierd result.

    I tried to connect to a different network (on the same location) but I
    do't have an access key for it. So ofcourse it fails but stays
    connected with "limited access".
    Now when I disonnect the network and refresh the WLAN list, my home
    network appears!!
    When I click the network an try to connect it immediatley says it
    failed...

    So it does seem to seen my network when it's "awake"

+ Reply to Thread