Unable to clear DNS cache whilst repairing wireless connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Unable to clear DNS cache whilst repairing wireless connection - Wireless ; Whilst trying to repair my wireless connection, i get the message 'unable to clear DNS cache'. What is the DNS cache, and should it be cleared when repairing the connection. I hve two computers on my wireless network, i get ...

  1. Unable to clear DNS cache whilst repairing wireless connection

    Whilst trying to repair my wireless connection, i get the message 'unable to
    clear DNS cache'. What is the DNS cache, and should it be cleared when
    repairing the connection. I hve two computers on my wireless network, i get
    the same message when repairing the connection on either computer.

    thanks

    mark

  2. Re: Unable to clear DNS cache whilst repairing wireless connection

    Go into Control Panel >>> Administrative Tools >>> Services >>> and make
    sure your "DNS Client" is set to automatic and started.

    Tell me if this helps.

    --
    Greg Lindsay [MSFT]

    no rights.

    "mark.ew" wrote in message
    > Whilst trying to repair my wireless connection, i get the message 'unable
    > clear DNS cache'. What is the DNS cache, and should it be cleared when
    > repairing the connection. I hve two computers on my wireless network, i
    > get
    > the same message when repairing the connection on either computer.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > mark

  3. Re: Unable to clear DNS cache whilst repairing wireless connection

    Hi
    You can find general info about DNS here,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_system
    What is your specific settings of DNS is depends on how you are connected to
    the Internet (type of connection, Router, Software firewall etc.).
    Could be that trying this process will take care of the local problem,
    http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "mark.ew" wrote in message
    > Whilst trying to repair my wireless connection, i get the message 'unable
    > clear DNS cache'. What is the DNS cache, and should it be cleared when
    > repairing the connection. I hve two computers on my wireless network, i
    > get
    > the same message when repairing the connection on either computer.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > mark

  4. Re: Unable to clear DNS cache whilst repairing wireless connection

    thanks for your help, that has worked.

    thank you

    "Greg Lindsay [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Go into Control Panel >>> Administrative Tools >>> Services >>> and make
    > sure your "DNS Client" is set to automatic and started.
    >
    > Tell me if this helps.
    >
    > --
    > Greg Lindsay [MSFT]
    >
    > Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
    > no rights.
    >
    > "mark.ew" wrote in message
    > > Whilst trying to repair my wireless connection, i get the message 'unable
    > > clear DNS cache'. What is the DNS cache, and should it be cleared when
    > > repairing the connection. I hve two computers on my wireless network, i
    > > get
    > > the same message when repairing the connection on either computer.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > mark

+ Reply to Thread